“Real food proudly served by a friendly owner and staff”
Review of Gabriel’s Cafe - CLOSED

Gabriel’s Cafe
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: South American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Loved the eclectic nature of this place (not fancy, but REAL) - we were the first customers the morning we dropped by and we snagged the great table in the window to look out on Kingston and eat huevos rancheros and breakfast burritos. Both were top-notch. The coffee exceeded our expectations and the complimentary scone Gabriel gifted us with tasted wonderful with it. This was our first trip to Kingston and when we come through again, we'll definitely look Gabriel up in his new location (he said he was moving in a month or so). He does a great job!

1  Thank dadzcats

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Gabriel's is most definitely my favorite restaurant in Kingston. I love the huevos rancheros and the croissants are probably the best I have tasted in America. Cute decor, with what seems to be a rotating photography exhibition, and the staff is personable and efficient. Very competitively priced as well!

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We went here today passing through after having read about it on the Trip Advisor app. We were not disappointed. It's an unobtrusive place, quite simple decor, rustic: my husband said it reminded him of an eatery in Uruguay where we once travelled, and indeed, the cook appears to be Latin American. All the food we ordered had this totally home-cooked feel and we were very happy with our meals, which, by the way, were not skimpy at all. The server was extremely personable and warm, very responsive and attentive. We were really pleased with this place. It was also extremely well priced, great value. Avoid fast food and go here instead. Apparently they are open for dinner Fridays and Saturdays as well as lunches and breakfasts throughout the week.

1  Thank Kotuku33
Reviewed 10 September 2011

This place is clearly being reviewed by family members or friends of the owner. This place is a joke. I ordered the cowboy skillet which was stated in the menu of egg over homefries and sautéed onions. The egg covered with Chedder and grilled chicken. When I received the meal, I noticed it wasnt homefries under my egg but French fries. When I asked the server, she explained that the chef calls French fries homefries. French fries with egg? Seems alittle cheap to me. I came back to give another try and ordered the scrambled spinnach wrap. It was bland and definitely nit worth 9.00.

1  Thank Jules2777
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Went to Gabriels to check out their croissants that I have heard so many amazing raves about, only to find out that this time of year they are available weekends only. So I tried the empanadas instead... talk about melt-in-your-mouth fabulous! Best I have ever tasted anywhere...judging from the menu I could be very happy there! I can't wait to go back this weekend....it's not easy finding special baked goods these days: I'm so glad I found this place. Well worth the drive to Kingston on John street...

1  Thank micheline1