“We love Gabriel”

Cuisines: South American, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 6 February 2015

Gabriel 'has the hand', as my grandmother would say.

He does salmon just right.

The soups have always been wonderful.
Can highly recommend flocking there for warming yum soups.

We can't eat some of the goodies, bec of our own dietary restrictions, but hear they are wonderful.

Reviewed 24 October 2014

Gabriel's is that hole in the wall you don't necessarily see at first but I'm very glad I chose to go there. I decided on Gabriel's for a date night because the other person was vegetarian and they have a ton of options. The atmosphere is kitschy eclectic. Mismatch tables and chairs, and very cozy. Our server was one of the most pleasant, genuinely happy people I've met in a long time. You could tell she loved her job and loved being around people. She was awesome. And the food... I had the tomato lentil soup and grilled cheese and my partner had the blueberry pancakes. All of it was very good. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

A truly unique breakfast experience ... the food was freshly prepared and unusual in that much of it focused on Brazillian cuisine. The french toast was fabulous. The potatoes had an unusual flavor that made it very special. The Columbian Breakfast was very tasty and filling. The music at breakfast time was energetic/classic standards.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We only had dinner there once. The menu is unique and that is definitely in their favor! However when the menu states quinoa and instead brown rice is substituted without your knowledge.....unacceptable! This should have been told to the customers by the waitperson who had the personality of a paper towel. Therefore.....1. Need a new and pleasant competent waitperson ! 2. If changes to what is on the menu.....tell the customer ahead of time. Also don't tell customer we are not serving quinoa tonight because it is too expensive!
This was weird. Our check was 26$ and we gave the waitperson our credit card. When she returned our bill was suddenly 28$. We put on the tip and asked for our receipt which she seemed to not be happy to generate one for us. This turned into a big deal and she finally hand wrote one for us (not including the tip). This may seem petty but it was very unprofessional.
Probably a great place for breakfast and lunch but dinner? They need to get their act together.
Also Wall Street is filled with creepy people and absolutely no police or security around. That does not make people who want to have dinner in some nice restaurants feel safe!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Wonderful food, fascinating choices. I always leave feeling well fed and well nourished. The service is friendly. This is one of Kingston's best, in my opinion.