All reviews little things continental breakfast great location fresh fruit pool area is pleasant stay next year elliot village lake
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This was a great spot for my wife and me to stay. You can walk to everything. Right across the street from path down to beach and across from Fort William Henry. The owner Elliot and his staff are fantastic! Very friendly and gave us great recommendations of things to do. One reccomendation was a rodeo. It was our first time to one and only about 10min out of town and great for family. Enjoyed some great restaurants and views from prospect mountain. The reviews are correct! The continental breakfast is the best I've ever had. Definitely recommend and look forward to coming back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2018

The good: Nice host, breakfast included, clean, great location.
The bad: Broken microwave, no mini-fridge (came the second day) super hot weekend
with only small window unit, no hair dryer. Supposedly there's wifi but never
which we really needed.
Must be honest, place needs some work. Ceiling fans would really make it possible to sleep. Lake George is a great town and will be back next year but not to this property.

Room tip: Rooms near the back have very little road noise
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Travelcouple27
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This place, and Elliott, define hospitality. Not full of frills, but definitely has everything you need to be comfortable. I am pretty high maintenance and they still delivered! Great conversation and help with various needs. Provides a healthy continental breakfast. Rooms have refrigerators. Lots of places to relax outside. The pool is very nice too. Looking forward to coming back again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is a great little motel. Older but the vibe I got here was very welcoming. Room was small and bath room could use a little updating. Let me just say the manager Elliot couldn't have been any more pleasant. He was very helpful and polite. You don't get that very often anymore. The pool was great. The weather didn't cooperate so the pool was a little chilly. The breakfast in the morning was great too. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes the feel of old time friends and feeling like you are really appreciated.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I have always been drawn to “ vintage “ or “ Americana” . So, when i spun my wheels past the orginal neon sign and noticed a vacancy sign, I backtracked on in. I was imdiatally taken by the neat , tidy office with pretty flowers, fresh water, funky, tasteful office decor and a very friendly night manager. The place was really clean ! All of this set the tone for a wonderful few days. After I checked in to room # 5, I like all of us travelers, checked out the rest room. I was shocked to find a spa like setting with beautiful tiled shower stall and walls. Small yes, but brand new and an unexpected amenitiy not typically found in an older motel. I took a quick dip in the great private heated pool. I noticed that the owner, a great fellow named Elliot had set up gas grills for those up for flipping burgers for dinner. Although this motel is located on Canada Street, main drag but slightly away from the village full of restaurants, it’s nice to have the option of making your own dinner and saving a few bucks. This owner truly cares about his guests. I had a great nights sleep and had breakfast with Elliot, our owner in question,in the office as all guests are welcome to. Great, salads, pasteries, fruit awaited my arrival with joyful talks with Elliot. If a real slice of Americana in a clean environment with friendly folks is your thing, look no further when visiting Lake George. The rooms too are decorated very period perfect ! It’s the little things that mean a lot and a stay at The Windsor will be time well spent that you will fondly recall.

• Trip type: Travelled with family