See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We landed here as we wanted to check out the Winter Carnival in Lake George and this was literally the very last room available in Lake George the weekend we wanted to go. And it was inexpensive...as well it should be. Where do I begin? Hmmm.... Perhaps with entering the room which registered 82 degrees on the thermostat? I was worried for the price we were going to be cold. Or maybe with the wooden, deteriorating steps up to the room with too high risers making it difficult to haul luggage up without hurting oneself? Then there was the full time resident that spent day in and day out smoking outside which smoke managed to waft into the rooms from wherever he was puffing at all times... made more annoying as we tried to keep the door and windows open to keep from roasting alive? The knowledge that this inn is actually a welfare motel was also very welcome. The upside? Edwin. The one man show working diligently to make the best of a bad motel. The room was very clean, thank you Edwin. He also managed to accommodate us on our need for 2 beds rather than 1 queen. He provided us with anything we requested immediately. He worked to clean the rooms each day, bring clean towels and collect the garbage, all the while being the sole employee running the office, fixing whatever needed fixing, and unpacking as he had just moved back to town the day before. He spoke of how he was always trying to help the less fortunate who came to stay and who had nothing and how he is always trying to make things better with what little he has to work with. I can't in all good conscience recommend staying here except in a pinch, but it's good to know there's a place in Lake George for the not so wealthy where they will definitely be warm and have a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Rm 18 if you are always cold...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2016

If you just need a place to stay for the night and need something really affortable, then this can work, otherwise choose something else. The room was very outdated, not clean, and in need of repair. It did have a small fridge, microwave, tv, and internet. No other amenities at all.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

When I called I asked whether they had Internet and I was told they did. The room I was given was right next to the office. I thought I was going to get great Internet service. The signal from the router was strong but the data rate was terrible. I'd check and see how it was doing periodically and there was a brief period when it improved to something useful but it didn't last long.

The room didn't have a decent chair to sit at a desk. I had to bring one in from on the deck outside. There were no plugs anywhere near the desk so I needed to re-arrange the furniture so I could plug in my computer. Then I found out it didn't matter since the Internet didn't really work. Otherwise, the room was OK.

Room Tip: If you need Internet stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my husband with our 2 kids booked a room here. Once we read the reviews we were weary of staying here. Once we got there we knew there was no way we would. It's old. Dirty. Scary looking. The hallway to check in smells like pee. Disgusting. So glad they didn't charge my credit card. Expensive also for what this is. Not even 50 a night is reasonable. Heck not even free.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Zero stars, seems to house people on state aid who live here permanently, I am up at almost 3 am after being awoken at 1 by loud arguing and foul language , can't tell if it's just inside the room above or outside also , otherwise I would pack my family up and leave now , just don't feel safe to open the door to outside . I'm afraid someone will get hurt and am on the verge of calling police .
Room is dirty , clientele is scary.
Not suitable for young family travelers

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family