See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked this " motel"because it was only place that would accept pets. We checked in and we given the key to the "suite". The room had no carpeting, no pictures on the walls and no way to control the ac. It had running water so we stayed. The comforter had blood stains on it and dust balls in the corners. Plywood for walls and moldy mattress box springs. We stayed 1 night but couldnt stay another night so we left. We had to buy carpeting from Walmart so we didnt have to walk on the floors. This place is filthy, dirty and just poor choice. No amenities at all, ratty old towels and garbage all over the grounds. Stay away!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dominic P
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I booked this motel for 2 reasons- 1) It was relatively cheap and available on southwesthotels.com and 2) it was pet friendly. I have 2 small dogs that we were bringing with us to Lake George and they charge $30/pet/night. $120 just to have my dogs there for a weekend in a wood cabin that it would literally take 2 seconds to sweep their hair out of. I don't think I would stay here again, the cabins we stayed in last year were better. When we went to check out Sunday morning, the office was mysteriously closed at 8:30am with a sign on the door saying "call our Dad if you need help" so we just left the keys in the room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2018

There are a lot of concerns for this motel.
1) Dirty - There are trash around the motel area. There are insects in the rooms, there are dirt on the walls.
2) No amenities - Air condition barely works. No phone, no toiletries, no phone/clock, barely acceptable wifi, swimming pool dirty
3) No safety - Rooms use real keys (not key cards), there is no deadbolt/chain inside the room, the room keys are thrown in a mailbox where someone can just grab them.
4) Rooms are cabin types, looks like 4 plywood's with a roof, small in size, and sometimes have to walk on dirt to get to them.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017

We stayed one night just prior to the balloon festival in Queensbury. The cabin had been renovated fairly recently and was quite cozy. Our rental appeared just as those pictured. Enjoyed the large bathroom, and front porch. We requested additional pillows and was provided with them immediately. I have no complaints and would recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa L
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My visit to King Hendrick motel was great, the review are very misleading. The room was up to date/newly renovated and pretty clean despite a few minor things. On arrival I was assisted by the manager Melinda and she was super nice and accommodating. She helped us get a room right away without a reservation and our dog Rex was allowed to stay with us and run and play on the grounds. The staff is very nice. They also suggested some awesome pet-friendly activities. I come here at least once a month and have stayed at all these motels and this by far is the best one I have found here yet for a reasonable price range/pet friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple