“Best Couples Massage Ever! ”
Review of Balanced Bodywork

Balanced Bodywork
More attraction details
Owner description: Located above High Peaks Cyclery, Balanced Bodywork's studio is convenient and comfortable with free and easy parking. The studio features 4 treatment rooms, two of which can accomodate couples massages, with a comfortable lounge.Access the studio directly from the parking lot.
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a couple massage here while visiting Lake Placid. It was a great experience! We had Kat and Angie and they were fantastic. It was our first couples massage and we were absolutely not disappointed. Angie and Kat paid attention to what both of us were looking for, and provided that. I'd definitely recommend coming here for a massage!

1  Thank Courtney H
in 5 reviews
"masseuse"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful couples massage. The staff was courteous and welcoming. Heidi and Katie were terrific. This was such a treat on a frigid winter afternoon. We will definitely visit the next time we are in Lake Placid.

1  Thank kelli187
Reviewed 28 January 2016

Tim, and all of the therapists, are highly skilled in their art. Without a doubt Balanced Bodywork employs the best of the best so you will get the best massage of your life!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank shanr0se
Tim C, Owner at Balanced Bodywork, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Thank you so much! We are blessed to have such a great team of talented and dedicated Licensed Massage Therapists who are all passionate about helping people and providing "therapy with heart". Thank you for taking the time to share, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Let me start by saying that our visit here was this summer so I am late on adding the review. I'll start by saying that I am extremely disappointed. This place is highly recommended by the locals but when you've been here a while you figure out pretty quick that its a small town and negative things are not often spoken. I purchased a certificate to have my lady pampered here. I was pretty excited for her to go because I know she wanted it. I don't remember specifically what I booked but I can tell you this. If you book a massage for someone and its for X amount of time, that is the amount of time the customer should receive. Her appointment was for say 1pm for an hour long massage. She was home by 2 and its a fifteen minute drive, she couldn't have been in there 35-40 minutes. When I pay for an advertised service that is what I expect to get

1  Thank Matthew D
Tim C, Owner at Balanced Bodywork, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Matthew,
I am very sorry that you are disappointed, and you are entitled to a refund. We always want to provide the best experience and heartfelt contact with our clients, and part of that is our guarantee that clients will receive the full hand-on time paid for, every time. We schedule more time between appointment times than is usual, just so that our therapists can be flexible if clients are a little late. As it is I don't have enough information to address the issue from your review, even a name, so if you contact us directly we can make it right. Please email me at tim@placidbodywork.com.
Happy Holidays,