“Good but expensive and greasy”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #14 of 39 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 November 2017

They have good burgers and fries but the prices are to expensive for what you get. I have eaten there several times and the bill is always close to $10. There are better options for the money.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

If you are looking for a very satisfying burger, made your way, this is the place to go. Careful when ordering, if you say you want a hamburger, you will get two patties. A "Little Hamburger" will get you one pattie (which is still a big burger!). Topped with your choice of a wide variety of hot or cold toppings, this quickly becomes a HUGE burger that is a sloppy, but delicious big bite! French fries are served in a paper bag, either plain or seasoned (oh yeah!) and are perfectly crispy and hot! Don't worry if you have someone with you who doesn't eat meat, they have veggie sandwiches as well as grilled cheese. Hot dogs are also on the menu. While you wait for your order, feel free to get yourself a scoop of peanuts in the shell, they're addicting!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Stopped here as our usual eatery was closed for the day. The burgers are hand made and cooked to order. All extras for the burger are free and there are quite a few choices including lettuce, tomato, grilled onion, fresh onion, grilled mushrooms, etc. The fries are amazing. There is also peanuts available to munch on while your order is being prepared. I made the mistake of ordering a regular burger and large fries--way too much food. The regular burger is a two patty burger. The small burger would have been more my size. The restaurant was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Only reason I didn't say it was excellent is because I asked for grilled onions but they weren't grilled enough. Also I arrived at the time they just opened and the floors around the tables were dirty. When they cleaned them they didn't move anything out when they swept the floors.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Ok, so where I live, we do not have any great burger places. I stopped here while working the Lakewood area. My oldest son was with me and he loves his burgers. Me, I could take' em or leave' em. If I find a great juicy burger that melts in your mouth, then I get a tad excited. Having only heard of Five Guys, I thought I would just let my kid have a good burger, nothing more. Wow, was I wrong. I had one of the best burgers that I ever had. Yep, it was that melt in your mouth, cheesy goodness that all meat eaters crave. I swore I felt my canine teeth start to grow, when I bit into this delicious monster of pure beef and cheese. The fries are really good too. So, then why did I score them a 4 out of 5 instead of the 5? It is expensive and if you have never been to Five Guys, it gets a bit overwhelming. The burgers are made in front of you, which is a good thing. I learned two valuable lessens. The first lesson is to get there before or after the 12 to 12:30 pm madness. Secondly, extra cheese is even more expensive. I think our burgers jumped a full $1 for every extra slice. Yes, it was awesome but don't be suprise by the cost of your custom made happiness. All kidding aside, they are great burgers and the extra hubbub is worth it on occasion. Even the ability to have a lime Coca-Cola in a fountain drink was really cool. We will be back.