“3.5 Stars is more like it. ”

South Bay Diner Hwy
Ranked #8 of 83 Restaurants in Lindenhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Coincidentally, this is another diner revue for breakfast, though some had lunch. Very good omelette. The avocado omelette had slices in and on top of the eggs. The great wrinkle is the menu choice of a fresh fruit salad that would cost extra elsewhere. Several had the homemade hash. There was a lot of potatoes in it but also chunks of top notch corned beef, which I may order the next time I am in the area (sometimes in Lindenhurst for business). Plenty of good coffee and a friendly staff. Everyone liked what they had. Look once more it is standard diner fare done well, just no wow factor, but who needs wow when they pour that extra cup of java. Recommended for what it is.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Service was decent, but breakfast food is just a little overpriced. The food was good, the parking lot was full and it was close to where we needed to be. It was also very busy. Wait staff is adequate, but we found we had to flag them down to get things when we needed it, like creamer. Other than that, it's okay.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Upon entering you find the wood paneled walls make the diner dark and subdued lighting doesn't brighten it up much. The food is typical diner food and the wait staff is courteous but not very friendly. Food was good, place is clean , and it's not as noisy as other diners.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This place never disappoints. We have been going to South Bay for several years. The food is fresh & delicious, and the service is above and beyond. Definitely a cut above the rest. They were VERY helpful to the neighbors and residents during hurricane Sandy, that will never be forgotten. Great food, service & people, cant beat that!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I used to come here a lot back in the day with friends and family. The place is always clean and the food is always good. However, compared to other diners in the area I find I can the same kind of service and food at cheaper prices. I was here recently because i was in the area and although my experience was good I was turned off by the prices of some of the items on the menu. But overall this place is still good when it comes to food and service.