“Worst Company Ever”
Review of JetBlue

Reviewed 30 November 2021

Oh where do I begin.... I had a flight from LAX-FLL-PUJ and the return flight was PUJ-JFK-LAX. Spent hours trying to check in prior to the flight but their website is such a mess and buggy. I contacted them and they got back to me at 6am... I was told to use their app because the app is the best way to do things. We checked in and paid hundreds extra for even more space seats by the emergency exit. We got to the airport, gave our baggage and went to our gate. We waited for boarding (which was delayed because their staff was 45 min late!). At this point me and my father had been waiting in line so we can be the first ones on the flight and sit ASAP. The employees finally arrive and after they finished checking the plane and cleaning it they began boarding. After calling their vip members and people with disabilities they called Group A which was us. They told us to scan tickets and board the plane. We scan the tickets and begin walking toward the plane at which point the woman screams at us to come back. Apparently their scanned flagged us because we are sitting in the emergency exit aisle. (Keep in mind we are all wearing masks) She mumbles VERY QUICKLY saying something along the lines of “you are in an emergency exit seat blah blah incase of an emergency will you help others and assist blah blah... and we couldnt understand what she mumbled. We looked at her confused and within 5 seconds she yells at another employee to pull us out of line. We were annoyed and confused and they told us they will be chnaging our seats, I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THOSE SEATS! They did not care they said you will either be moved or you will not fly today. We argued with them claiming we didn’t hear anything she said because she mumbled quickly and had a mask on which made it very muffled. The other employee told us “that is not our problem we dont have time to repeat ourselves, we need to get everyone on this plane for takeoff in the next 10 minutes because we are behind schedule.” So YOU were all late to your job... and thats my problem all of a sudden? Instead of repeating yourself for 5 seconds you sit here and argue with me for 15 minutes while you change my seat LOL! A third employee had the courage to butt into our argument, at which point I said “can you hear me” and they didnt understand what I said and asked me to repeat myself, LMAO like your employees won’t repeat themselves after mumbling with a mask but now you can’t hear me I need to repeat what I said. I said “oh too bad your too late I can’t repeat myself im in a hurry” and he was pissed. (We found out at FLL that the employee was so “offended” that they flagged us in the system to be moved from our seats for our second flight from FLL-PUJ) So not only that but we were one if the last to board the flight. This whole emergency exit this was stupid because were told if an emergency is happening people can’t repeat themselves to you, you must have a hearing problem. Disabilities Act, hello? Not to mention if there was an emergency it will be chaos, we will all most likely be dying and everyone will be screaming. So stupid.

When returning from PUN-JFK at the time of boarding employees scanned all our boarding passes and took us outside. We stood under the hot sun for almost an hour (why not just let us all sit inside until you’re ready?). Then from JFK-LAX we were denied entry to the faster security check which we paid extra for, for no reason and employees said oh well. After we got on the plane my father put his carry-on suitcase up top, and i attempted to put my carry-on backpack up top (that was my carry-on, and i had a laptop bag). An employee immediately yelled at me to take my backpack down and place it under the seat in front of me (where my laptop bag already is). I told her it was my carry-on but she said no sit down. I was told the top is for big suitcases only, and if there was space left afterwards, i would be allowed to place my backpack up there. My backpack wouldn’t fit under the seat so I placed it on my lap. The employee came running back and started yelling at me again to place it under the seat and I told her I cant. I repeated myself that it is my carry-on and I have a laptop back as my personal bag. She gave me attitude and told me to get up and place it up top LOL. Yeah no I am not getting back up from the window seat and squeezing through 2 other peoplE to scavenge for some room for my bag when you’re the reason my bag isn’t up there in the first place. I told her you do it and I handed her my bag.

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!! They need to train their employees. I will also be contacting the DoT, as well as their higher management for refunds regarding seating issues LAX-FLL and the faster security line issue. The Wifi wasnt working on the flight back and neither were the tvs infront of us (the ones on the back of the seat infront if you) Tired of big companies doing whatever they want. Be accountable for your actions.

Date of travel: November 2021
Write a reviewReviews (18,389)

Reviewed 30 November 2021

I hope the entire CEO of jet blue get on a jet blue flight and crash into jet blue headquarters. My local supermarket is more organized than this shifty airline. And prison guards are more compassionate and friendly than the staff. I will use other airlines even if it costs more. Not worth dealing with these animals at jet blue.

Reviewed 29 November 2021

I’m done with JetBlue! They have gone down hill. They are terrible and rude! They change your seats at the last minute and sit you apart from your family to accommodate people who cheap out and pay for blue basic! The people who buy blue basic and don’t pay for seat selection are then arriving at gate asking to be moved to sit with their children. Of course I am not suggesting a 5 year old should sit alone but they should not allow parents to book these flights for children! I paid for a seat with my family! They did not and I ended up the one separated from the family. It’s a joke! The crew member at the gate was rude and Unapologetic! I showed the crew member on the app that my 4 seats were on row 18 and she said those are not your seats. It was Insane! I picked the seats when I booked 7 months before! I even messaged the day before to make sure my seat assignments were all set and I was assured they were. When I asked for an explanation they just said our policy is we can change you at any time. Wow! Great customer service! I’m done! Don’t fly JetBlue!

Reviewed 27 November 2021

This company lacks accountability. They will do scheduling mistake but not acknowledge them. Their phone customer service agents are poorly trained. They can’t follow simple logic or direction. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of big airlines but I were to choose one, I would never ever take JetBlue again. It was my first and last time. Sometimes you just need empathy from the company for traveling hiccups CAUSED by the airlines, but unfortunately you will not get that here.

I typically never write negative reviews, as I feel bad for the employees and the feedback they receive. But this i have to, this ridiculous

Reviewed 26 November 2021

Jet blue Flight 777 from Boston’s Logan airport to Las Vegas’s McCarren airport September 17th 2021

It’s not like you’ve never seen a bad review for an airline before but lately have you seen a good one, sorry to disappoint you but the only good thing I have to say is we arrived at our prearranged destination at the advertised time. Sadly, not the original advertised time but the twice altered time and even sadder that’s what suffices as a passing review now days. This is not to say the flight crew didn’t do there job admirably exactly as the airline dictated. Unfortunately, the much-maligned company is greatly deserving of the poor reviews they receive. Three stars for the flight crew, 0 for the company.

I would have not booked with Jet Blue except for the fact that the flight for two of us used a bit of the credit we received from a canceled covid flight to Barbados that wasn’t without its own problems with switched flight days from Sunday to Monday costing us an entire day of a rather expensive prepaid all-inclusive. Still with hundreds of dollars wasted I was determined to use what little credit I could from them. Arranging a flight from Buffalo, NY to Las Vegas using jet blue proved to be anything but convenient.

Buffalo, of course not a major airline hub we’re used to connecting flights where ever we go. In this case flying 450 miles out of our way in the complete opposite direction to get our connection in Boston to eventually arrive in Las Vegas some 9 hours later a flight that should have taken 5 hours. To add insult to injury the original flight would have gotten us in Vegas in time to go to the pool or see a show before dinner. We checked in to our hotel at 10PM and scrambled to find a meal that the airlines didn’t provide for the 9 plus hours we spent flying.

Whatever happened to airline customer service has gotten worse than I ever anticipated. Flying for the past fifty years I have watched what little service they used to provide dwindle to nothing. Now they are single handedly destroying the travel/hospital industry that’s already in shambles from the pandemic. When will this end?

Date of travel: September 2021
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.