See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I was looking for a place to spend a night before dropping my daughter off for camp. I found Stillwater Hotel on trip advisor and the campground also suggested the hotel. I called to book the room and knew immediately this was the place to stay. The owners, Marion and Joe, are warm and welcoming. It feels more like staying with family or friends than staying in a hotel. The rooms are simple and clean. The beds were very comfortable.
The meals prepared at the restaurant are amazing. Some of the best food we have had while dining out. My daughter said of her dinner "this is the kind of meal you will always remember. You may not remember exactly what you had but you will always remember how good it was".
That evening we sat in the bar while a few patrons and one of the waitresses played guitar and sang. Everyone was in great spirits and even though we didn't know anyone else, we felt welcomed.
We finished the night out by standing by the lake and watching the meteor shower.
Absolutely magical.
As a woman traveling alone with my daughter I always appreciate staying in places that feel safe and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My family stayed for a mere night, had only a dinner and breakfast at Stillwater, but we will always remember the hospitality and surprisingly good food for a place so far off the beaten path. Marion welcomed us, took our young daughters out for hummingbird watching, and even let them help in the kitchen at breakfast. IF you are looking for 5 Star lodging, look elsewhere, but outside of the room, the nature is beautiful, the people are kind, the drinks are delicious, and the food is well-prepared.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We had a grpup of 10 or so men renting a couple boats to go fishing for a few hours before meeting the rest of our crew who was showing up later for dinner. This is a MAN-MADE RESEVOIR. Beforewarned that there are no buoys or water markers to show you where there are dangers in the water lurking. There are lots of "just beneath the surface" dangers anywhere you travel too on this body of water. We had a boat damage a prop on "something" that no one saw. Either a log or tree stump or rock. Be careful.
Marion....how many times have you read about her? She's amazing. After dinner we were made her own "special concoction" shots for the 25+ guys we had there. She's great. Be careful when they say drinks are cash only...every drink I ordered was a different price, for the same drink...same or different server. It was evident with our entire crew that the drinks were Willy nilly priced. Best to ask what the cost is BEFORE ordering. We are adding about 10 more people to the trip this year and I'm very excited about going back because the food is AMAZING!! The view is spectacular on the deck with all the hummingbird feeders too.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Marion, Joe and Rascal made my visit an absolute great experience. A must place to visit while in the ADK. And I loved shopping there! Marion makes a mean drink and be sure to ask for a side of jalapeños with your chili!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Walk into the Stillwater Hotel and meet your new best friends, Marian and Joe. They'll show you around, introduce you to their friends, and make sure you feel at home. Then they'll serve you the best meal you've had in ages, with a few extra treats that you didn't even order. Your room will be no-frills but have everything you need -- a comfortable bed and a hot shower. We were there in the off-season when it wasn't crowded, but we're told it gets packed in the busy season. Either way, Joe and Marian will make sure you have everything you need. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
mamamarian, Owner at Stillwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you again !!