“Hidden Asian Food Gem in Manhasset”
Review of Pearl East

Pearl East
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl East is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Manhasset
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Pearl East is clearly the hidden gem of Chinese Restaurants. Located on Northern Blvd and coming with valet parking it's a very easy place to get to and you will certainly be happy that you did. I have been here for several meetings so I am limited to a fixed menu but never, I repeat never, have left here either wanting more or not throughly enjoying what I had for dinner.

The restaurant is a good size with a sushi bar up front. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and always willing to accommodate special needs. It big and bright but the only windows are up front.

Our regular meal is usually the same:
-Choice of won-ton or hot and sour soup
-Multiple appetizers, usually a dim-sum platter that I keep thinking are our dinner but no... there is more
-Mongolian Spicy Beef with Crispy Cellophane Noodles, a chicken dish, last trip was Mango Chicken with Honey Walnuts and Baby Asparagus),
-Vegetarian dish if necessary
-Fried Rice,
-Barbecued Jumbo Shrimp with Scallions, Ginger and Mixed Vegetables
-and a Roast Pork dish

Without going items by items I can tell you that everything was perfect. Tender beef and chicken, tasty and (not greasy) fried rice, and delicious fried shrimp in a mouth watering sauce.

There are many different items on the menu I am looking forward to trying along with their excellent sushi offerings.

I will definitely be back for upcoming meetings as wells as a quiet dinner for two.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We have been driving from Manhattan to this restaurant for years. It hardly ever disappoints. The service is warm and attentive and they actually listen to your thoughts. I would like to come more often so that I can order something new and not order the same thing over and over. The spare ribs great, the ying and yang shrimp fantastic , the noodles marvelous, the lobster in Cantonese black bean sauce could have used a short more garlic and ginger. The deserts are none but they place some cutup oranges on a plate at the end of dinner...this time we both received a bow of the most delicious ice-cream.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

One of few Chinese restaurants I like very much. All of the dishes are excellent and the decor, service and atmosphere are all top notch. Can be a bit pricey but not nearly as expensive as another Chinese restaurant in Garden City.
I have never been disappointed by any of the food I've ordered here.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Pearl East for years the owner is always there and she takes care of every customer this is a family style Chinese restaurant that serves traditional Chinese dishes and they serve it hot fast and it's very comfortable here I would definitely return to this location many time

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Tucked on Northern Blvd, you will find Pearl East. Great owners, friendly and make a personal visit to each table. The wait staff is friendly. The food is off the charts amazing! HUGE portions, and the most beautiful presentations I've ever seen! Hand carved animals, people, flowers out of squash, beets, turnips...truly amazing! I have also been for Lunar New Year...and experience you don't want to miss!!