TripAdvisor
All reviewspool tablegreat roomfire pitpoached eggswine tastingmy husband and inorth forkwine countryamazing hostsdinner reservationscommon areas arelong islanddiscount cardtwice baked potatoclose to homecan't wait to go backconverted barn
Reviewed 15 November 2017

This B&B is fantastic and I cannot wait to go back. I am not from the area and wasn't sure where we should stay so we called around inquiring about rooms. After we had spoken to another venue that was booked up (and when we asked for suggestions, this venue that we won't name told us to just "google it") we found Cedar House. We spoke to Dave who told us that due to a last minute cancellation, they had two rooms available. From the moment we got there, to the moment we left, we had a spectacular time. He sat us down when we first arrived and helped us build our itinerary for the weekend based on what we wanted to do and places he suggested visiting. The house itself is cozy and he even lit a fire at night that we were able to cozy up by and enjoy the vineyard.
As if the experience wasn't already out of this world, the breakfast the next day... Wow. I'm one to NEVER miss a meal, so when he told us what time the first course was served, I was waiting at the table. He made sure to note dietary restrictions and we had a top quality breakfast of marinated portobello mushrooms, with eggs and cheese on top, accompanied with roasted potatoes. I can't wait to make this meal again, because it was so fantastic. I didn't want to leave, but there's this thing called a job that I needed to get back to. I can't wait to come back here with more friends next time.

Room Tip: The vineyard view rooms, when booked together, are in their own nook, which offers a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is our second trip to Cedar House on Sound B&B and we could not have been more happy. The first time my husband and I came to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary and this year we returned with both our parents. Dave and Donna are amazing hosts and the accommodations are phenomenal. The B&B is extremely comfortable from the main sitting area to the bed rooms you really feel at home. David is a great cook and breakfast was amazing. One morning we had eggs in portobello
mushroom caps and they were to die for. Dave and Donna assisted us with planning out our days from the wineries to visit to the restaurants we dined at and their recommendations were right on point. We are already looking forward to returning next year during the Christmas season. David & Donna thank you again for your hospitality.

Room Tip: quaint, winery, good food, clean, firepit, pool table, good for a large group
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

And his merlot might be the best of New York! The place is marvelously comfortable and fabulously friendly. We met new friends around the fire pit with wine in hand before bed. The room was lovely and quiet and spacious. And the breakfast was sensational. Don't stay anywhere else. This wins.

Room Tip: Go wine tasting from here and in the end find his merlot tops.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My husband and I travelled to Mattituck to visit the area where he spent his college summers with his grandparents - we spent 4 wonderful nights at this beautiful property.

There are so many things that we liked about Cedar House - - first, we stayed in Courtyard 1 which was bright & cheerful with a nice walk-in closet and a beautifully designed bathroom. There was one other room in the section we were staying - - so it was nice and quiet. Located at the opposite end of the ground floor were the 2 vineyard rooms which were also well spaced from each other. There was a lovely suite that was situated between the 2 pairs of rooms - very private.

The second thing we really liked about the property was the amount of public space - - a lovely kitchen / dining area with 5 separate tables, a lovely TV, pool table "great" room, and then two outside fire pit areas. It was so nice to be in a B&B where we weren't right on top of other guests.

In addition to the lovely rooms and property - - we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts. Dave made the most interesting B&B breakfasts we've ever had..... balsamic marinated portobello topped with poached eggs with mixed potato home fries on the side, double stuffed potato with eggs, sausage and many other good things, and our favorite.... poached eggs in a bacon basket - yes, I said bacon basket! Each breakfast was unique and delicious!

Dave was a great host - - very nice, very informative and helpful. Plus, I must say, the discount card saved us $73 on places we had already planned to visit! So it wasn't as if we had to change our plans, to use the savings. It was a really nice bonus! We also met Donna his wife, who is also a great host.

We enjoyed the vineyards, Orient Point, GreenPort, South & East Hampton, and BreakWater Beach.

It was a great getaway at a great property! We would definitely stay here again if we are back int he area.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good it just depends on what you like. We liked Courtyard 1 because it was private and away from the fire pit area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Cedar House was not only a beautiful place but the family there made it feel like home. From the spacious clean rooms giving the place an elegant rustic touch and the home cooked Michelin star breakfast this place with make you feel like your waking up in Tuscany and you will not be ready to leave. We rented out the entire B&B plus rooms at their other new location on the water for our engagement party and our family was welcomed with open arms. They have a beautiful vineyard on site with outdoor fire pits to relax near at night, the inside includes a bar, huge kitchen, pool table gaming area, and each room is equipped with its own elegant bathroom. This is luxury meets farmhouse chic and we loved every moment of it. They provided us with top notch service and even set up our room with a hand dated wine bottle and flowers for our return the night of our engagement party. We will be returning and I highly recommend for any event or couple just wanting a romantic weekend away. One of my favorite places to stay.

Room Tip: The suite is phenomenal!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family