“A Special and Unique Restaurant in Merrick, Long Island!”
Review of Left Coast Kitchen

Left Coast Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 112 Restaurants in Merrick
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant is new; staff is welcoming; flavors are extraordinary and the place is very comfortable. Good spot!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have had dinner at this great restaurant many times during the past four years. It is actually a bar in the front with some booths for eating and a restaurant in the back. The food is very thoughtfully created and prepared. One gets the feeling that the appetizers and entrees are more elaborate and sophisticated than the down to earth ambiance, which is totally fine and comfortable. Delicious popcorn with truffle oil is always brought to your table when you sit down. It is addictive! The menu changes somewhat, I think seasonally. There is something for everyone; with very diverse choices, from a delicious burger or salad to shrimp and grits, various fish, decadent pork, etc. Always have a good variety of wines by the glass and specialty drinks. Service is always excellent; waiters and waitresses are super friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and caring. Prices are average/fair. I look forward to many more dinners at this special restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This was a family favorite. I love their unique menu. The food is fantastic, though does take a while to arrive to the table. The popcorn appetizer is a bonus treat.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Came from the North Shore to check this eatery out cause many have recommended it to me over the years. All dishes were different, tasty, had a different spin on it. Most dishes are not slenderizing & will fill you up. Salads & lighter meals are offered too. Good service & unusual cocktails. I will come back again perhaps to eat at the bar. The acoustics are poor here as you can’t hear yourself talking at the tables. Open walled kitchen is always nice to see for cleanliness & restrooms were clean & impressive. I recommend this eatery.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I do not see what all the fuss is about this place. I went here because I heard a lot about it. I went here with my Sister and Niece. My niece ordered a Large Salad with chicken. The waitress bought a small salad with no chicken. Of course we told them, and they corrected it. The Food is just average. The Service is just average. There is a small parking lot in the back.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I went to LCK with my family 5 adults & 3 grandchildren we were rushed for time because of traffic on fri rush hour and LCK had a large party coming in at 7 . We got there at about10 to 6 and we were seated right away ,My son and his wife got there a little earlier and ordered apps,hummus and another dip with beans in it both very good the kids gobbled up all of the pita breads for the hummus so we asked Sal the waiter for some more and he got us a nice bowl of hot pita's . I had a burger with 2 patties,bacon.grilled onions,slaw,on a really nice club roll and a mountain of fresh french fries EXCELLENT! my wife had a veggie burger that she enjoyed also my son had a chicken burger also very good 1 grandson had a huge bowl of mac & cheese he could not finish [and he can eat] the other 2 grand kids were getting fussy and filled up on pop corn & pitas so staff boxed up dinners to take home, service great and we left in time so they had to reset GOOD JOB SAL sorry about the pop corn mess!

Date of visit: November 2017