“Great Mexican Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Hacienda Sausa

Hacienda Sausa
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Mohegan Lake
Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I went to dinner here on a Saturday night and found the restaurant's Mexican choices and atmosphere outstanding. Not only was our food delicious, the service was very attentive and the mariachi band that came table to table was a nice surprise. The guacamole appetizer was made from scratch tableside and the constant flow of warm tortilla chips and salsa was a huge hit. I actually left my credit card by accident when I paid the bill, and when I returned the next day the owner was there with a big smile to return it, remembering me from the night before and shaking my hand, thanking me for patronizing his restaurant. This place is a winner.

Reviewed 12 April 2015

The upstairs room is our favorite, small and intimate. We arrived in time for the Yankee game and enjoyed $10.00 margaritas (honest drink) and complimentary chips and salsa (very fresh). The bartender served as waitress and makes a wonderful table side guacamole. Leisure Friday night - dinner was awesome. Steak quesadilla and seafood in a white wine sauce. Delightful, flavorful and enough to bring some home. Complimentary dessert was a bonus. Will definitely come back for a return visit.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

The wait staff were lovely. The restaurant atmosphere was fine. I ordered Chile Rellenos. The entree was barely cooked and the cheese was cold. I couldn't tell what kind of cheese it was. The others ordered typical dishes and they were average. I was profoundly disappointed and will not return.

1  Thank Katharine M
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We gathered here to celebrate Mother's Day. We were all delighted the moment we walked in. The atmosphere is colorful and bright. The space is limited but well used there were 8 in our party and we did not feel crowded. The staff were all quite friendly and accommodating.
The food was fresh and delicious. The guacamole was made fresh at the table, the Sangria had plenty of fresh fruit, the tortilla chips were warm. We were all able to find something satisfying on the menu, 2 vegetarians, a dieter and a hold out on ethnic food.
The mood throughout was festive, all of the patrons were relaxed and happy. The servers prepared the flambé desserts table side and the Mariachi style singers topped off the experience.
We will definitely be back again. If I lived locally, it might be my new favorite place.