Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
Beach Plum Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$144
The Ocean Resort Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$129
Daunt's Albatross Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Aqualina Inn Montauk(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$251
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$119
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$139
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$184
Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$400
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$289
All reviewssteam roomfire pitroman bathsea waterguest servicesroom upgradeexercise classesbeach clubocean frontoff seasonsaltwater poolthe entire resortmain lobbyyear roundfitness centerrestaurant staffsummer months
Reviewed 31 March 2018

...and it was beyond my expectations in most respects. My only complaint ( and it is relatively minor) would be the fact that the resort seemed understaffed at the bar and the snack bar, causing a long wait for drinks and for coffee. We visited Monday- Wednesday during the off season and the hotel was very quiet. The restaurant was closed both nights, but the hotel provided transportation to town where we were able to find a lovely seafood dinner. The spa was beautiful. I had a wonderful massage and also enjoyed all of the spa amenities, which helped to allow me to fully relax.

Room Tip: deluxe ocean front king.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank hhp1209
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear hhp1209,

Thank you for staying with us and I'm so pleased to hear that you got to enjoy all that Gurney's has to offer.

It's unfortunate that you missed Scarpetta Beach during your stay as it will open 7 days a week starting Easter to Christmas. I appreciate the feedback regarding the bar and Corso, so we can make adjustments with the team.

I hope that you don't have to wait too long to return and please let me know if you need assistance in re-booking.

michael.nenner@gurneysresorts.com

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I stayed at Gurney's with my daughter in the summer and it was fabulous! We arrived early but they made us comfortable with drinks while we waited for our room. Our room and the overall decor and atmosphere is rather laid back and casual as one usually wants at the beach while the resort is still definitely in the luxury category. We loved the large patio overlooking the ocean and the beach itself is wonderful with lots of amenities in terms of lounges, cabanas, towels and service. I hiked to the lighthouse the next day while my daughter indulged in multiple spa services which she thoroughly enjoyed. in terms of dining, we only had one room service meal there which was fine (I think I had a burger so my expectations were not super high). The only limitation was that my daughter is a vegetarian and the menu seemed quite limited for vegetarians at such a resort.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear SarahElizabeth2015,

Thank you for staying with us at Gurney's Montauk!

We appreciate the feedback regarding your summer stay and we're already preparing to open the beach for this summer.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We stayed overnight for our anniversary. We had an awesome time; the room was comfortable and the view was gorgeous. Spa amenities were worthwhile and relaxing. I had the Brush and Tone Seaweed wrap; I was so relaxed and felt stress-free - excellent. My husband had the Neck, Back, & Shoulder massage; he loved it and said it was the best he’s ever had.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MichaelNenner290, General Manager at Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear danidee032017,

Happy Anniversary and thank you for spending the time with us!

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and the Spa. It's great that you both enjoyed your treatments and I hope you got some down time to relax and rejuvenate.

We do hope to see you again before your next anniversary.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My partner & I booked a long weekend here in the middle of winter for a quiet getaway -- and that's exactly what we got. The hotel staff were always there when needed, and gave you privacy/quiet when that was preferred. Our room overlooked the beach, and we got to enjoy the sunshine on our private deck for a few days, then watch a fresh snowfall on our final days. The spa & saltwater pool are wonderfully relaxing and every meal we had was fabulous. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the beach/ocean -- worth the splurge!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Measoko,

Thank you for spending the weekend with us in Montauk! I'm so pleased to hear that the team exceeded your expectations and that your meals were fabulous. Our team works hard to create a unique effortlessly elegant experience and it sounds like this was achieved in your stay.

We do hope that you'll join us again soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Montauk — has always been on the top of my "next vacation" list. Over the years, I have compiled a list of places that I want to treat myself to during special occasions. As my husband and I are celebrating our 7th Year "dating" anniversary, I know that it's time to take a visit to Gurney's :)

For many folks...when they think of Hamptons or Montauk, they think of summer vacations. Yes, it's nice to visit during summer but it is also charming during winter, especially if you enjoy staycations. We chose to come here because there is a saltwater pool, bonfire on the deck, and multiple dining choices on the premises.

As expected, our stay at Gurney's was wonderful. Not only did we get a newly renovated room but the staff also surprised us with champagne and strawberries for our anniversary. In fact, I did not specify the purpose of our trip when booking; I only briefly mentioned to the check-in staff when we arrived and they surprised us with room delivery later that day. As a service designer, this is exactly something I've been looking for awhile. The last time I experienced such thoughtful gesture from a hotel was when I visited Hawaii!

We also came during the weekend of St. Patrick's parade. Apparently, Montauk celebrates St. Patrick's day a week later than everyone else. I'm not sure why they do that but it certainly added more colors to our stay :)

P/S If you're a wine lover like me, you could stop by Wölffer Estate Vineyard for wine tasting before checking in to Gurney's. It's only about 1/2 hour drive away. Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple