Wavecrest Oceanfront Resort
Beach Plum Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$165
Ocean Surf Resort(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$289
Daunt's Albatross Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$298
The Ocean Resort Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$109
Montauk Blue Hotel(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$249
Aqualina Inn Montauk(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$139
Kenny's Tipperary Inn(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$179
Montauk Manor(Montauk)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$550
All reviewsindoor poolpanorama buildinghither hillsfood truckstate parkstove microwavecomplimentary beach chairs and umbrellasprivate beachoffice staffresort staffcorner roomthis past septemberprovide chairsdeck overlooking the oceanfall weekendsliding glass doorcoffee maker
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Was reluctant to pay the price of this dilapidated hotel, but wanted one more night on the island. Unfortunately they had one room left. This hotel is in desperate need of updating. The view is certainly great, but the structure needs TLC. The people staying beneath us were drunk and singing at the top of their lungs until the cops were called and stopped them at 11:30 p.m. At 6:30 a.m. the people above us let their 3 toddlers run and stomp on the floor from 6:30 a.m. until we finally checked out at 10:15 a.m. When we asked them to please be considerate, they stated "they weren't doing anything but eating their breakfast." All-in all, you'd be better off elsewhere. My wallet is over $300 lighter and it was a MISERABLE night! You'd be better served in Southampton!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank moko350
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Location of this resort is optimal and views are lovely. Complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas are provided and the staff that brings them to the beach is helpful and friendly.
Rooms vary greatly although the cost is the same so you can be lucky (with a new updated room) or unlucky as I was with stain and uneven bulge in the carpet in my unit.
There was only one front desk person who understood the concept of customer service. Debra was helpful, courteous and kind. I experienced quite the opposite upon checking in when 2 individuals were on the phone, looked up to see me but did not acknowledge my presence (or others who subsequently came in during my wait at the desk of 3-4 minutes). A visitor to our resort (who was staying elsewhere) also encountered similar rude behavior when asking for a one day pass for his windshield. Upon entering the office he stated, "Hello, how are you ladies doing this morning". He was met with a rude "what" in response rather than “How, can I help you?" or "We're fine, what can we do for you?" The other staff (poolside, lounge and umbrella as well as cleaning) was quite courteous and helpful.
The message from the 2 individuals I dealt with was that the customer is lucky to be there and they could care less whether you did or not. I am uncertain if these individuals own the resort which is why they behave this way but shame on me for giving them my money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TRAVELER540000
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in the Overlook. It was beautifully decorated, updated, clean and equipped with kitchen essentials. The view is spectacular! The deck outside our room had lounge chairs, as well as sitting chairs which was nice. The staff at the beach put up umbrellas and chairs and provided towels. The office staff was friendly and provided us toiletries we did not pack. We needed to take our car to the town. It is not within walking distance. We will certainly be back with family. Great stay!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tbrinkmann
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This was our first stay at the Wavecrest Resort and we were very impressed!! The rooms at the Waters Edge were extremely clean, the daily maid service was top notch!! The unobstructed views of the ocean, the grilling and sunbathing decks were perfectly situated right outside our room. The ladies at the check-in desk were extremely friendly and accommodating. The late check-out was a welcome addition to our stay. We will definitely be back. If I had to make one complaint it would be that the mattress and the television could use some serious updating, other than that, the room was clean and so spacious with all the amenities for a great stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lotstosay
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Amazing!!! The Wave Crest has the charm and warmth of Old Montauk.
I haven't stayed in Montauk in years. Prior to my arrival I had many concerns. My main concern being that our room was accesible for my 44 year old sister who is paralized from the waist down. I was told that they had just remodeled a few rooms to accomadate the disabled. There were a few things that we needed to make my sisters stay easier for all of us. The managers of the hotel were at our door within an hour with ever thing we needed to make my sisters stay more accomading and memorable. . We were thrilled because being a true lover of Montaulk and knowing Montauk like I do , the Wave Crest's charm, Beach and Staff are by far thee most accomadating of all. From check in to check out, you will find no other Hotel to go out of there way as they did.
A phone call to Pam and Debra at the office and all is done! These girls are the greatest!
They made us feel as if we were friends for a lifetime.
The beach boys didn't even let me get out of my car without offering there assistance with my sisters wheel chair and there assistance to get her down to the beach.
Thank you Wave Crest for making my sisters experience truly an amazing experience.
Hope we can come back next year.
Thank you.... xox