“wrong menu”

Ranked #31 of 52 Restaurants in Monticello
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 January 2016

The menu we saw online looked very impressive. However the actual "new" menu is much different. We did not stay because of the limited menu. The waiter was very nice and understanding. The restaurant, look nice, but it was not what we expected.

Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

The nugget is a place where you can go have great food with friends and family. The service there is amazing everyone is very friendly and nice everytime I walk in. I would recommend as a regular at the nugget more people should come here because there are not to many places where you can go eat and have conversations at.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

We had an emergency and myself and another contractor ended up working until 11:00 PM.
We stopped by and had a great meal and service! They were happy to make us dinner and a couple of beers while watching the Mets win the NL Pennant to head to the Series on several of their many big TVs. The crowd was happy and having a great time.

1  Thank EJ12775
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

I went there to eat last week on Thursday with a couple of friends and I couldn't have made a better decision. They really changed the look of the place from when it was open last. I heard new owners and new menu. To start we had two orders of wings, the fireball whiskey wings that came out with a shot that was on fire!!! And also the garbage wings! Both of which were amazing, big and juicy with tons of meat. For dinner I had a shrimp scampi that was recommended to me by the waitress and oh boy was she spot on. Tons of big shrimp and plate filled portion. I took some home! My other friends had a steak which he said was the best he's had in a while. And lastly a stuffed pepper over this amazing Spanish/yellow rice with melted mozz and marinara. Needless to say everything was really good and the service was excellent. We will be returning for sure.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We were there over the weekend and at first when we went in we felt cozy. Shortly into our visit the pub began to fill up with a very unsavory and loud crowd who seemed to be the local regulars. We were sitting eating our meals at the bar and the waitress came over and asked about our food and we were honest about the Shrimp Scampi separating and loaded with oil and was very very greasy, the shrimp were good and eaten, then we got the wings that they dumped every sauce apparently that they carry on them and they were so awful they could not be eaten. All that was said to her was "everything was ok and at least we tried these items and not a big deal, the meat loaf was awesome and gave great reviews on that. Instantly the attitude changed, she came over and cranked the juke box up full blast that was directly behind us then proceeded to ignore us for the remainder of our visit. To be honest and polite about it these days goes no where and fast. We did not offer the comments on the food nor had any intentions to as we didnt think anything of it and didnt really care. But what came from the staff for treatment was absurd and the crowd was deplorable. Beware

1  Thank Chad G
Morris S, Owner at The Nugget, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us at the Nugget restaurant we have just been open for a few months and we are still learning and training. I understand you were not happy with your shrimp scampi we demand perfection out of our kitchen and although this is not an excuse we had to make some changes recently in the kitchen. The description of the wings you had would have to be the garbage wings which is all the sauces that is where the name comes from we also have a special that is the fireball wings that we agree some LOVE them and some HATE them. as per your experience with our staff we expect extreme professionalism not sure what night you were visiting us if you could take the time to give us a little more information so we can address the staff personally and give them more training so as this never happens again. As per your opinion of the locals to Monticello I would just like to say there are many great people in Monticello and we are very fortunate they visit us at the Nugget although like everywhere not only here we do sometimes get customers that .... well ...... ok Please try us again we will make it up to you. You are more then welcome to wear your sports hat in our establishment we are not a sports bar Thank you