“Great food!!”

Salt & Pepper the Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Monticello
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

First time visiting Monticello. We stumbled upon this little gem while out shopping. Food was very good!! Cute little restaurant. I will definitely make this my place to eat when I return to town!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

After seeing this restaurant while driving by we decided to try it out. Small but quaint place and very busy. Food was predominately Chinese, which is one of our favorites. We each ordered soups which was fitting for the chilly night. I opted for the split pea, which was average and my wife chose the chicken noodle, which was pretty much tasteless. Salt and pepper had to be added. Teriyaki chicken served over fried rice was mediocre with not a lot of taste as well. The portions were very large and had good presentation but not very well seasoned. If back in the area, there is a possibility that we would try it one more time but different choices.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Everything is fresh and delicious here. Family-run and interesting combinations on sandwiches. Also some Asian food. Only hitch is not open on weekends! They could make a fortune if they were, I think. But I was told Saturday is for shopping, Sunday for rest.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The restaurant is very small. We noticed a huge take out business for locals. We had a friendly happy waitress who was very busy with other tables and all the numerous take out orders, however she managed and we didn't wait long for our food. Food was light fresh and interesting. A strange mix of Korean and some deli items as well as Italian food. We ate the Korean food which was excellent.
I will be returning to this little gem.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

A quick light dinner in a small restaurant where the food is lovingly made. I had Pork Bolgogi and roasted veggies with fried rice. Hubby had Beef with yam vermacelli noodles and v veggies. Both of us were happy. The gyoza was good, but I could have passed one the fish shumai (which was not made there). The lemon cake was served gratis and we enjoyed it immensely (home made). Very pleasant wait staff (mostly family). Met the owners who are from the city, display their own lovely art work and obviously work very hard.