“Out of the way treasure trove”
Review of Mavi Grill

Mavi Grill
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Mount Sinai
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience the unique taste of Mavi Grill: Fine Turkish Cuisine. A blend of traditional Turkish and Mediterranean dishes, always fresh, and cooked to perfection. In a rush? Call in your order ahead of time and we will bring it to your car upon arrival! Want to celebrate a special event with family and friends? Book our dining room now!
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Small, with charming decor, the falafel is the best I have ever had, and among the best by the resident falafel expert I dined with. Staff and kitchen accommodates special diets, entrees come with choice of soup or salad; standard at many places, the difference here being that you may have any of the salads on the menu with your entree. Looking forward to perusing other choices next time. Truly fresh ingredients used. You can taste that. Portions are generous, which makes the small baklava appropriate- this one is done properly, with pistachios. Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Mavi Grill

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Small family run restaurant with excellent authentic Turkish (very similar to Greek) food and very reasonably priced (portions can easily be shared). Off the beaten path but easy to get to, and worth the visit. Very nice ambiance, and exceptional service. They make you feel at home and appreciated. My wife and I go regularly, and every time we have visitors, we always bring them there. BYOB makes it especially good. P.S. try their homemade Baklava...so good!

Reviewed 30 June 2016

We have been there twice and both times the food was very good and fresh.It is a small house with a few tables. We sat outside because there was no enough room inside the night we went .The people who run it are very sweet. I plan to return

Reviewed 13 June 2016

This is a fantastic spot a bit out of the way, but worth it. It serves Mediterranean and everything I have had has been very good. We get the Gyro's for take out and you can have a choice of rice or fries as a side. It is a BYOB restaurant. About 10 tables inside. The staff and owner are always friendly and the service is spot on. It's one of our favorites.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Grabbed take out while in the area. The perfect way to end a Saturday. Good is always fresh and delicious. Lentil and carrot soup is great. Greek salad was fresh. Falafels and tahini hit the spot. And tried a new dish - Iskender kebab - absolutely delightful.

Whenever I am in the area - this is a favorite. I plan to return again whenever I can! 5 stars.