“The Guinness is the real deal”
Review of Garvan's

Garvan's
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in to Garvan’s after a walk at the Mohonk Preserve, and we were personally greeted by Garvan himself, who offered to get a pint of Guinness “started” for us. Two pints arrived shortly thereafter, perfectly poured. The taste was smooth and delicious, and the food was superb. Garvan is delightful and stopped by to chat with us a few times.
The pub is a little gem of a place, with pub seating, a dining room, a porch and a patio. If you like Guinness and high quality pub/comfort food, this place is a must. And be sure to chat with Garvan...he will make your day.

1  Thank Lara S

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Garvans with family while visiting from Seattle. They love it here. We can see why. The atmosphere is relaxed yet lively. The service was wonderful and friendly. And the food...was all delicious. I had the beef short rib with potatoes and an amazing gravy. The portion was large enough to take home for another day. Do yourself a favor and also request a piece of the guiness cake. It's the best piece of cake I've ever eaten.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My wife Emily and I came tonight for my birthday and it was unbelievable. This was one of my favorite dinners I have literally ever had and the atmosphere and building is amazing.

If you're lucky enough to meet Garvin himself, that's an added treat. Great guy and incredible establishment.

We had the seafood trio and the chicken pasta and the apple pie. Honestly the best dinner we have maybe ever had.

Thanks a ton Garvin. We will be back soon!

Michael and Emily

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Quaint restaurant, excellent food beautiful surroundings. Professional and excellent service. We had the fruit and cheese plate as an appetizer followed by rib eye and duck entrees- all very good
Guiness Creme brulee for dessert-good

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Was looking for a good restaurant in the area and found this under Trip Advisor. We are so happy we decided to try it! The building was built in 1759 and was just beautiful. We were greeted by Garvan himself and he gave us an option of eating outside in the screened porch or inside one of the lovely dining rooms. I can't even describe how delicious the food was - we haven't had a meal this good in years! Service by our outstanding waiter, Rob made it even better. He was so professional and we never had to ask for anything. I went with Rob's recommendation of the scallops and my husband had the seafood trio. Everything was cooked to perfection. The stuffed mushrooms and salads were incredible as well. Even though we live an hour away, we will be heading back again. It's worth the trip. Thanks to Trip advisor for sending us in the right direction!

3  Thank nytraveler1026

Been to Garvan's? Share your experiences!