“Just a bit out of town”
Review of College Diner

College Diner
Ranked #56 of 100 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Fluffiest banana nut pancakes ever! There was fruit and walnut in every single bite! I can't remember the name of the breakfast sandwich I had, but it was overflowing with egg, avocado and cheese on a brioche bun. It was excellent!
The atmosphere is dark because of wood paneling all over, and we really weren't sure what we were getting into, but even the coffee was good diner coffee.
This is down main street around the highway, so not in the middle of town where the tourists are. We were headed north to New England and just stopped in the first place we saw. We were not disappointed!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome burger...service good ....no complaints. Salad bar and soup with meal. Ya wont go hungry here...

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I loved the look and feel of this place; classic NY diner.

We ordered breakfast in the afternoon, which is something I love about diners.

The omelette and eggs we ordered were good. However, the biscuits & gravy was strange. The gravy appeared lumpy and gelatinous but tasted okay. The biscuits however were even stranger. I expected actual biscuits. Not cookie biscuits. I'm not sure if this is some kind of local way of making this dish but I thought sausage gravy over cookie biscuits was strange and I didn't really like it.

There are jukeboxes at the tables. Although we didn't use, I like that they had them. Old songs and albums from the 90's on them.

Service was okay. Could have been a little bit swifter in refilling drinks but I am not sure how many tables or side work our server had to do at that moment as well.

Over all it was an enjoyable experience and will go again if ever back in the area.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Breakfast all day! Big, expansive menu. Very yummy food. I had the the home fries were on the thick side but had great flavor. Lots of bacon, holy moly!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Travelers have an excellent choice at the College Diner;
we happened to go during Spring Break at SUNY which gave us more choice as regards seating; many locally made selections on the menu!

1  Thank trafalgar007