“Quick, fast & delicious!”
Review of Main Street Bistro

Main Street Bistro
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in New Paltz
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The girl told us about 15 minutes to wait. Just the smell alone I didn't want to leave the front of the restaurant. The food was great, the waiter was funny & I loved the atmosphere. Looking forward to going back again!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Heard this was a great place to eat, so we checked it out for lunch. It was extremely busy & we had a wait. My daughter ordered a veggie burger & didn’t think it was very good. I ordered a quesadilla that had mostly spinach inside, not much chicken. Very average food, we were disappointed.

1  Thank Kathi V
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We had dinner at this bistro and were disappointed. The menu was pretty limited with most the meals already cooked and should have been immediately ready to serve. We waited 15 minutes to place our order at the counter and waited another 20 minutes for the food to be ready. You have to pick up your meal and find a table. The place was crowded making it difficult to find an empty table.

I had the dinner special- a nice portion of pasta and meatballs. The food was OK, but a little cold and really nothing special. My wife had a non-descript sandwich.

A very forgettable experience.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Great staff who were very attentive. I had the Alamo which is scrambled eggs with sausage, onions and pepper served over potatoes with sour cream and salsa! Excellent! We were there at 10 on a weekday and there was no wait but I understand weekends are very crowded so get there early!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

You know a restaurant is good when there are about a dozen or more people waiting outside while all the other restaurants have none. We visited Main Street Bistro on a Saturday at about 1pm. The wait was worth it. The first thing noticed was gigantic plates of hash browns, pancakes etc that looked and smelled great. The menu is great. It has everything you could want. The only thing one of us didn't like was the soup and it was returned without a problem. Thank you to everyone there. We will be back when we are in the area