“Great service!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2017

When 7 of decided to have dinner on a busy Saturday night, getting a reservation anywhere was almost impossible. After initially being declined, the manager of A Tavola called us back and said he could accomodate us. What a lucky break. A warm welcome and a great wine list greeted us. The pasta is made in-house and the entree's are all delicious. A great find in New Paltz. Highly recommended. Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Tavola is a casual local restaurant with an outstanding menu of fine dining! I had the duck breast and it was prepared to perfection and the tomato and mozzarella salad was fresh and delicious! Definitely a place to visit if you are in the Hudson River Valley!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

It's our first time in New Paltz and we will definitely come back for this restaurant alone! The bread was amazing and the chicken under a brick was outstanding! It's the type of dish you will think about for days, maybe weeks, DELICIOUS!
We were too full for dessert, but our server brought out a small portion of salted caramel ice cream (home made), it was crazy delicious! Do not hesitate, GO!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We had planned to eat here to begin with, and when the innkeeper at our B & B pronounced it the "best place in town", we knew we had made a good choice. It is a trattoria so the menu skews to Italian food but it's a new take on everything. The choice of pastas was terrific, and you can order a half plate or a whole. We shared two half plates and the size was more than ample; can't imagine getting a full plate of those sumptuous dishes. Our choices were the bolognese, along with the orecchiette with peas and other vegetables and guanciale, and we can't decide which one we liked better. Both phenomenal! The pastas were complemented by their daily antipasti - 2 different salads with crostini topped with cheese, rosemary, and honey. I eat fresh and creative salads frequently, but these two were also each unique and we had trouble deciding which we preferred. So, all in all, this was a real hit of a meal from start to finish -- oh, yea, the dessert: affogato with salted caramel ice cream; need I say more?

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This was my first visit to A Tavola, and to the New Paltz area overall. The Pappardelle Bolognese was amazing - the best I've had in years. I had a great cocktail too. The service was a bit slow, but maybe that was to be expected on a Saturday night. If I find myself in this area again, I will surely return to this restaurant.