“Heat steakhouse”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Our first visit and sorry it took so long to get there. Very nice atmosphere- very professional staff. My ribeye was cooked perfectly. Definitely will return

Reviewed 11 March 2016

We ate here when we couldn't even find a parking space at the Longhorn Steak House. It was a good decision. We called first to check availability (they don't take reservations) and got right in 5 minutes later. The food was excellent, as usual, and the service and the atmosphere were quite good. Within 15 minutes, the place was packed, so we didn't get the usualy "how is everything" from our waitress. All in all, a pleasant night out with the wife.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

The pickles on the table were the best part of the meal. I don't think they use the best quality steaks. Limited boring menu. Not a true Steakhouse in my opinion.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Stayed at the Caldwell House B&B. On the way back from Hyde Park we heard from the B&B owners that this was a good place. When my wife saw the outside she wasn't going to go in but I convinced her to at least look inside. She agreed and said if she doesn't like the inside I can have a cigar at the attached cigar bar and we will eat elsewhere.

She actually fell in love with the inside and could not stop raving over the food and the service. Ray, the waiter, treated us like long lost friends. After dinner we went into the bar. I stopped drinking almost 23 years ago and don't usually go into a bar to hang but the wife decided to have maybe one glass of wine so I could enjoy a cigar. No exaggeration, 5 1/2 hours later we left. I had 4 cigars with coffee and she had wine and then cognac because of the friends we made there. It was a perfect night of new friends and Richie, the cigar guy, was a gem. The only down side to the night was the bartender Beth who had a puss the whole night. When I ordered coffee, she actually made a face.

It is so weird because this was one the most friendly places I have ever been, bar or not a bar, and she was so out of place there. Why go into bartending if you don't like people? Don't let her keep you away, go there and stay at the Caldwell House B&HB!

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Their specialty is steak but at what price? Some of the cuts are decent enough and the servings are weighty but for the Manhattan prices charged you'd be better off trying the big city's great steak houses like Gallaghers or Peter Lugers. These steaks don't hold a candle to these great city steak restaurants. Little in terms of frills are offered as well.
The surroundings are quaint in an old historic building so it might be nice for special occasions.

1  Thank herb44