“Conveniently located and friendly host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newburgh
Stockbridge Ramsdell House on Hudson
Ranked #2 of 9 Newburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I stayed here while visiting Bannerman Island. I enjoyed my stay. Nancy was really nice and gave us recommendation for restaurants. Breakfast was good. The place was nicely-decorated and had its old charm. One thing though, I am allergic to dust and I had a reaction. The place was kind of dusty.

Room Tip: There is a room with beautiful view I am not sure the name of it. It will even fit 4 people in that...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2016

My Great Nephew was not only graduating from West Point, He was getting married there.
They had rented the Stockbridge Ramsdell house so we could be together.
I had no idea how beautiful this area was, living in Calif.
Nancy Russel the owner made us feel like we were part of her family. Everything was perfect.
The beds were very comfortable, oh my the view was amazing.
I liked the view of the Hudson from the downstairs bathroom. I told Nancy if she would put a bed in there I would sleep in there then I could watch the ships go by.

When she found out I couldn't eat eggs, she made a beautiful roasted Veggie omelet with sausage cut up into it. It was sooooo good.
She also had lots of fresh fruit, wonderful deserts.
They were mazing meals.

There is a large dining room with a table large enough to fit all of us.
For breakfast, we ate in the sunroom overlooking the Hudson.
Very cheery.
Chandeliers with lots of crystal hanging from them. Beautiful to say the least.

She pretty much left us alone to do what we wanted to do but was close if we needed something.

Everything was very clean.. She had beautiful antique furniture It was like stepping into the past.
The master bedroom my Nephew and his wife stayed in was Huge.
they also had a very large privet bathroom.
Off their bedroom was a sunroom, where their youngest son stayed overlooking the Hudson,
Yet they had privacy.

I liked the bathroom downstares that overlooked the Hudson. I sat in there just to watch the river.
Ships going by , people enjoying the river etc.
(Good thing my bathroom doesn't overlook the river, I'd never leave it.)

I can only say, if I ever get back to that part of our country, I will definitely stay at Stockbridge Ramsdell House again.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quite, I would stay in the Master bedroom.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn C
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This comfortable B&B on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River offers guests a warm welcome, full gourmet breakfasts, rooms with views -- some with fireplaces and/or balconies. The main living room lounge, open to all guests, also has a fireplace, piano, and game table. I have been returning frequently since 2008, and always enjoy my stay with host Nancy. She serves a delicious and abundant breakfast, and always with her guests' dietary restrictions taken into the menu planning.

Room Tip: If climbing stairs is a consideration, know that three rooms are one flight up, and two rooms are tw...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Here are the pros and cons...this place is very shabby but has a very nice staff. I would be ok with the surroundings if it were a great deal. We have travelled to parts of Europe and Asia and generally travel modestly but we've never seen 'down and out' like this. In NYC we prefer European style hotels so we're fine with bathrooms down the hall etc. But we choose that for a better price. The hot water handle in the tub fell off in my hand. The TV was Betamax era. The chairs were threadbare, the curtains sad, and a plastic bag filled a gap around the window A/C unit. At half the price or less I'd call it a trade off.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 18 September 2015

Spent a short weekend in the Hudson Valley doing some wine tasting. The Stockbridge Ramsdell House was a lovely and quiet place to stay after a long day of tasting. The hosts were thoughtful in details of our stay and provided excellent service and area recommendations.

Breakfast was exceptional!!

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
5.9 km away
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
7.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport

Been to Stockbridge Ramsdell House on Hudson? Share your experiences!