“Needs work, good food and delightful caretaker”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newburgh
Stockbridge Ramsdell House on Hudson
Ranked #2 of 9 Newburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Old vintage mansion. Owner there on weekends. Has one caretaker, cook. He does great job with the 5 vintage rooms and cooks a delicious breakfast. More work than one man should have to do during week. Delightful man, though. The B&B is near two completely different areas. Two blocks down the hill lies the Hudson River(which can be seen from B&B) and ferry to Beacon, nice restaurants. Two blocks the other way, is a rather poor area. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: View of Hudson and Beacon Bridge
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Thank you, Nancy and Russel! My husband and I loved staying at Stockbridge Ramsdell House for our mini vacation from Ithaca NY. We loved the character of this fabulous old house, the historic neighborhood, the incomparable view of the Hudson from the windows, the delicious breakfast (beautifully presented fresh fruit, french toast, muffins, good coffee, plenty of tea choices), all served with such friendliness and good cheer. It was the perfect place to stay, from which we set out to ride bikes around Storm King Sculpture Park. Oh yes: our fellow guests were really friendly and interesting; it was like sharing breakfast with instant friends! Very refreshing weekend, enhanced by this B & B!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovingMother
Reviewed 10 May 2016

I stayed here while visiting Bannerman Island. I enjoyed my stay. Nancy was really nice and gave us recommendation for restaurants. Breakfast was good. The place was nicely-decorated and had its old charm. One thing though, I am allergic to dust and I had a reaction. The place was kind of dusty.

Room Tip: There is a room with beautiful view I am not sure the name of it. It will even fit 4 people in that...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2016

My Great Nephew was not only graduating from West Point, He was getting married there.
They had rented the Stockbridge Ramsdell house so we could be together.
I had no idea how beautiful this area was, living in Calif.
Nancy Russel the owner made us feel like we were part of her family. Everything was perfect.
The beds were very comfortable, oh my the view was amazing.
I liked the view of the Hudson from the downstairs bathroom. I told Nancy if she would put a bed in there I would sleep in there then I could watch the ships go by.

When she found out I couldn't eat eggs, she made a beautiful roasted Veggie omelet with sausage cut up into it. It was sooooo good.
She also had lots of fresh fruit, wonderful deserts.
They were mazing meals.

There is a large dining room with a table large enough to fit all of us.
For breakfast, we ate in the sunroom overlooking the Hudson.
Very cheery.
Chandeliers with lots of crystal hanging from them. Beautiful to say the least.

She pretty much left us alone to do what we wanted to do but was close if we needed something.

Everything was very clean.. She had beautiful antique furniture It was like stepping into the past.
The master bedroom my Nephew and his wife stayed in was Huge.
they also had a very large privet bathroom.
Off their bedroom was a sunroom, where their youngest son stayed overlooking the Hudson,
Yet they had privacy.

I liked the bathroom downstares that overlooked the Hudson. I sat in there just to watch the river.
Ships going by , people enjoying the river etc.
(Good thing my bathroom doesn't overlook the river, I'd never leave it.)

I can only say, if I ever get back to that part of our country, I will definitely stay at Stockbridge Ramsdell House again.

Room Tip: The rooms are all quite, I would stay in the Master bedroom.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn C
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This comfortable B&B on a bluff overlooking the Hudson River offers guests a warm welcome, full gourmet breakfasts, rooms with views -- some with fireplaces and/or balconies. The main living room lounge, open to all guests, also has a fireplace, piano, and game table. I have been returning frequently since 2008, and always enjoy my stay with host Nancy. She serves a delicious and abundant breakfast, and always with her guests' dietary restrictions taken into the menu planning.

Room Tip: If climbing stairs is a consideration, know that three rooms are one flight up, and two rooms are tw...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newburgh
2.6 km away
8.8 km away
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
7.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport

Been to Stockbridge Ramsdell House on Hudson? Share your experiences!