“Great Bar and Service !”
Review of Anchor Bar

Anchor Bar
Ranked #102 of 312 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the Falls decided to stop for some beer and wings . Great Bar and the wings were great! Friendly service and took a tour of the place and Holiday Inn . Very clean and will definitely go back !

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The day before visiting this restaurant I had some buffalo wings in downtown Buffalo at a random bar and I was informed by locals that I had to do the experience right and visit Anchor Bar where the wings originated. As it was St. Paddy’s I wanted to see the falls so I thought I would have some food and a drink nearby whilst I waited for it to get dark. I’m so glad I came here!

These wings were different from the ones I had the previous night as they are boneless and fried in batter. They were delicious with BBQ sauce, however what’s better is that they came with Anchor’s special chips. Now being English, I automatically thought they were fries (English chips) and then after I ordered them I started to worry they were going to come out with crisps. It turns out the Americans call potato skins chips as well! They were perfect! And I’m falling in love with the blue cheese sauce they come with as well! The portion was massive for only $13.99! Since it’s St. Paddy’s, it wouldn’t be right not to enjoy a Bailey’s Irish Cream (my drink of choice). I was expecting to pay about $6 at least for it, it was only $3.75! That’s like £2.50 – I couldn’t get it for that price anywhere in the UK! I love this restaurant!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Nice bar, as an hotel guest you have also breakfast in this bar. Very friendly staff and good food. The buffalo wings are awesome.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

My bf and I decided to give this place a try because we love chicken wings and had wanted to try it for a while. Initially, we walked in and the host was on the phone and were waiting for him, which wasn’t a big deal before I knew what I know now. The man did not get off the phone and just sort of head nodded to another staff member to take care of us. We then sat down excited looking at the menu and decided on our order. I’m not exaggerating when I say 30 MINS had passed and we weren’t even asked what we’d like to drink. I then see the same waiter and try to wave him over, he then almost taunts the way I waved my hand which was very appalling and unprofessional but I don’t care, I just wanted to order my food. He walks over and I explain we’ve been waiting for a while and ready to order, he brings us our drinks and now we’re waiting for our food again for over 30 minutes! But we look over and see a table full of people that arrived after us and all their needs are being anticipated and responded to. (Maybe they see a better tip opportunity, tacky) My bf then looks over to see our waiter chit chatting near the bar. We were completely ignored. We had to grab our things and leave. It felt as if it was their first day on the job with no waiting experience. Pathetic. We didn’t expect 5 star service, just literally take our order, bring us food, and leave us alone, but they couldn’t even do that properly. I’ve had better service at Jim’s Steakout. And now unfortunately, I won’t give this brand another try because I’ll just think of this lousy experience we had.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The food here is either okay or fantastic I'm not really sure why. My boyfriend got the wings spicy and garlic I believe and they weren't antyhing to write home about. I'm not a wing person but the texture was really odd regardless. I got a buger, and again the meat was okay but nothing special.

The maccaroni bites however were fantastic as was the spicy mayo sauce that came with it. If we were to go back I'd probably just a couple dozen of those.

Service was...okay. There were four people in the resturant when we arrived and then it took about 15-20mins to get us seated because no one was around. Once our waitress did come out she was very friendly and we didn't have anywhere to be so it wasn't a detriment but if you are looking for a quick bite I would seriously recommend somewhere else.