“Too crowded ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$84.87*
and up
Oia Sunset and Traditional Villages Tour in...
Ranked #5 of 33 things to do in Oia
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Sunsets are beautiful, there is no denying in that. And sunsets in an amazing town like Oia are even more beautiful. But what is supposed to be a romantic and quiet experience has become a tourist trap. Massive crowds of thousands of often times rude and inconsiderate tourists force their way through the beautiful, narrow streets of Oia, all to take that one picture that is supposed to accumulate likes on Instagram. Pushing and trespassing seem to have become the norm, which is sad really, given the impressive beauty of the town of Oia.

My two cents: visit Oia at daytime and catch the sunset somewhere else (e.g. Akrotiri).

Write a ReviewReviews (8,009)
All reviews
in 68 reviews
"camera"
in 121 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have enjoyed having the sunset experience in many countries in the world. The one I saw from Ammoudi Bay in Oia, Santorini today is the best.

We actually video taped the sinking sun and noted how the sun disappeared so fast in the end. The view was breathtaking, the sky had magical colours and during that moment (when the sun sank so fast - a little over 2 minutes on my video) many were reminded about the greatness of God who has created the universe with such beauty and perfection.

We waited for an hour to view the sunset and it definitely was worth the wait.

Munir D.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I got to stay in Santorini and enjoy several nights worth of sunset views. They were beautiful!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We came here for our honeymoon in 2001 and came back this year for my 40th birthday. I was worried that I had it so built up in my head from our honeymoon and that my memories were better that reality would be. I had nothing to worry about. It was even better than I remembered. My husband and our friend walked down to the tip of Oia in the morning and made a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants. We walked right in, ordered a bottle of wine and dinner, and settled in for the amazing sunset.

1  Thank Erin C