I would strongly recommend this place. What I liked about it:
- Close to everything, but quiet. Before I came, I thought I wanted to stay in the old village area of Oia, but everything was too expensive. But this is actually a better location - you're right next to the main village, but it's a lot quieter (you don't have to deal with hordes of tourists at sunset!) and if you want to go other places on the island, you're right next to the main road.
- Really friendly, helpful staff. In fact, one day they had to make a tiny bit of noise (running a generator, I think) and they gave me a bottle of their house wine as an apology. Totally unnecessary, but I appreciated the gesture (and the wine was great).
- Nice pool - which was great as it can get pretty hot and sunny on Santorini. The pool was a great place to relax after sightseeing.
My only quibble is that the rooms are pretty dark - the only source of light is the doorway, if you have the door or shutters open. This seems common on Santorini (it's the cave house style, I guess) and keeps things cool but it's something to be aware of if that's an issue for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laokasti is a hotel and restaurant that is established and run by the same family since 1985. It is located in the most picturesque of all Santorini villages, Oia and offers a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the beauty that Santorini is. The hotel is a complex of 17 fully autonomous villas built in the traditional Santorini style (four maisonettes-suites, three apartments and 10 studios/ studio-suites).The hotel has a swimming pool with a pool bar and a small spa with a sauna and a Jacuzzi. It also has a restaurant that offers traditional Greek and ethnic cuisine and an excellent service.All suites are located by the pool and have private balconies or verandas with a panoramic view of the deep blue sea and the island of Ios, while the sun sets. All villas offer all facilities necessary to enjoy your holidays: air-conditioning, hair dryer, safety box, satellite TV and a kitchen equipped with utensils.We look forward to your arrival at Laokasti Villas Hotel and promise that you will enjoy unforgettable holidays in Santorini in a family environment that will make you feel at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Laokasti Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laokasti Villas Hotel Oia
- Laokasti Hotel Oia
- Laokasti Resort Oia
- Laokasti Villas Oia, Santorini, Greece