We stayed for a week in Laokasti with 2+2 family.
Our apartment (room 213) was simple but spacious and it had a separate kitchen and small terrace facing the side pathway. The double bed in bedroom was only 190 cm long and equipped with old and tired matress. We needed to switch beds at the end of the week with kids and sleep in living room's separate beds that had better matresses. Also, we needed to keep most windows closed since the noise from the road (and occasionally from the hotel restaurant) was quite loud during evenings and mornings.
The hotel and restaurant staff is really helpful and friendly. Also, the cleaners did good job.
Pool area is nice and the pool bar was still open. No separate kids pool and the main pool (depth 120..280 cm) is not very kid friendly. But they liked it anyway :)
The biggest minus is the breakfast. Even if you're going to have the breakfast in the restaurant you need to know on the previous day how hungry you will be in the morning and tick the items (from very limited selection) that you want to get. This is totally understandable if you want to get the breakfast to your room but the alternative to that should definitely be a simple breakfast buffet in the restaurant without need to fill any forms. Also, the breakfast was missing very basic things like tomatos and cucumbers.
Because the breakfast was so limited we were a bit hesitant whether we should dine in Laokasti restaurant at all. One evening we did and the food was really good!
The location is excellent! 50m to Oia's main caldera promenade and bus stop right across the street (1.80 eur/person to Fira, kids 0-6 yrs free of charge).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Laokasti is a hotel and restaurant that is established and run by the same family since 1985. It is located in the most picturesque of all Santorini villages, Oia and offers a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the beauty that Santorini is. The hotel is a complex of 17 fully autonomous villas built in the traditional Santorini style (four maisonettes-suites, three apartments and 10 studios/ studio-suites).The hotel has a swimming pool with a pool bar and a small spa with a sauna and a Jacuzzi. It also has a restaurant that offers traditional Greek and ethnic cuisine and an excellent service.All suites are located by the pool and have private balconies or verandas with a panoramic view of the deep blue sea and the island of Ios, while the sun sets. All villas offer all facilities necessary to enjoy your holidays: air-conditioning, hair dryer, safety box, satellite TV and a kitchen equipped with utensils.We look forward to your arrival at Laokasti Villas Hotel and promise that you will enjoy unforgettable holidays in Santorini in a family environment that will make you feel at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laokasti Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laokasti Villas Hotel Oia
- Laokasti Hotel Oia
- Laokasti Resort Oia
- Laokasti Villas Oia, Santorini, Greece