“8-10 minutes walk from centre of Fira ”
Review of Anemomilos Suites

Anemomilos Suites
Ranked #21 of 53 Fira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great location. Anemomilos Suites is with outdoor swimming pool & sun bed that you can enjoy while you stay in hotel. They provide continental breakfast for €7 per person. But if you just like to have cup of coffee, there is no charge for that. You can have coffee for free. It's located nearby Fira town centre. I would say about 5 minutes walk to Fira main bus station and 8-15 minutes to centre of Fira. Alternatively, you can walk by shortcut (donkey road). It may take you to cable car station about 10 minutes. There are few grocery shop and mini market nearby. In case you would like to grab some drinks. Hospitality is nice. And they also clean your room everyday (of course you can tell them if you don't want to). The price is affordable Overall I highly recommend this hotel for people who come to Fira.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We are a family of four which stayed three nights at this family run hotel. It is located a short walk from the center of Fira. The receptionist waited up for us when we were late for check-in, they arranged with a rental car and provided transport to the harbor. We felt us truly heartfelt welcome here. We highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We booked a maisonette as there were 3 of us. Arranged pick up from the port which was a good price and on arrival we were immediately greeted by the very friendly and helpful owner. Our maisonette was well equipped with kitchenette facilities even a micro wave, the room was spotlessly clean with very fresh bedding and towels. The small pool and decking area was an added bonus as we arrived during a heatwave. Would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Fira and looking for reasonably priced good quality accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I can only echo what so many others have said. When you travel, what you remember long after the event is the experiences you had meeting wonderful people. And the people at Anemomilos Suites are wonderful. This lovely family genuinely care about their guests having a great time in Santorini. I was picked up for free from the airport and dropped at the bus station to catch my onward ferry, even though it was late at night, for nothing. I was treated to glasses of the most delicious homemade dessert wine. So wish I could buy it here - I must go back for more! We put the world (or at least Europe) to rights with long conversations, And there was always friendly help on hand to help with buses, tours, walks or any detail I needed help with. Apart from that, the room itself was just lovely, and an absolute jewel for the price I paid in very expensive Santorini. The room was beautifully decorated and scrupulously clean, with fresh towels every day, and regularly changed bedding.There's a fridge and a 'proper’ hairdryer - ie, it's powerful and not glued into a wall in case you steal it - a powerful shower, a little balcony and also a TV, just in case you have time to watch it.
I even had regular company from the beautiful little cat who lives across the road, but this is, of course, optional.
I loved Santorini for its spectacular beauty, but - amid the overwhelming and sometimes frustrating tourist hordes - the one thing that would draw me back again is the incredible hospitality of this lovely family. That's the real Greece, as far as I'm concerned.

In fairness, I have to add that the place can be noisy. The main road up through the island runs right past the door, with a cavalcade of buses, vans, scooters and quad bikes. Take earplugs, and you'll be okay.

You don't have to walk into Fira along the road, which has no footpath. Just turn right into the first donkey lane you come across, and keep cutting up and left and you'll soon hit the centre of the little town. The reverse on the way back. I was there five days and I don't think I ever used the same route twice, but it's nigh-on impossible to get lost. Very nice too. exploring the lanes, especially in the early morning. At night it's dark, but you are perfectly safe - just make sure you don't trip over! I stayed in Fira as a budget traveller because all the buses to other parts of the island start and end there, but IMHO the next village Imerovigli is far nicer, and quieter. You don't have to walk into Fira and then along the cliff path to get there. A much quicker route is to turn left on leaving the Anemomilos suites and follow the road uphill round a couple of bends, until you come to a huge gum tree on the right hand side of the road - you can't miss it. Opposite this are some steep steps, which are signposted for some villa I can't remember the name of. Go up these, and keep going - you'll hit the road, but cross over and keep going - and then you'll emerge by the bus stop and main square in besutiful Imerovigli, with a breathtaking view over the csldera. About a 20-minute walk from the b&b - uphill, bur definitely good for the soul!

If you have any doubts. about booking this place, don’t - just go ahead and do it. I promise you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Stay away from the road if you can. It's not the hotel's fault, but it's undeniably nois...