“Just a short drive to a really fine restaurant, The Arch”
Review of Vox

Vox
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Drinks were good but not as ordered...menu was limited...food was unimaginative; very ordinary at best. Definitely will not return. The Arch, just up the road, is far superior and worth the additonal 5 minute ride.

1  Thank Ann S

Reviewed 9 September 2012

When it was suggested that we have a meal here, I was told it was over priced so I was not surprised. I would not care if the food, atmosphere and service were of quality. The chicken dish is ordinary and boring with little flavor and no color or veg to mention. A pleasant evening with a special companion on the terrace was spoiled by the distraction of a video played on the wall. Then there was the lengthy wait for the desert. I would rate the terrace dinning atmosphere as
excellent if it had not been for the video.

1  Thank Fishdogface
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Just came back from a fairly OK meal at the Vox. Place was less than half full and we were seated promptly. But the table we got was noticeably tilted which we pointed out to our server. Her reply after a cursory glance, "Table is NOT tilted." Period, and she was gone! So we chuckled about not being on level thru the dinner and when we paid, we left a 14% tip to match the attitude. Our "Not Tilted" server gave us a "not enough" look on the way out the door.

Bottom line, good enough French food, comes with potent attitude on the side. Bon chance!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Vox is a great restaurant in a small town. For months I had been skeptical of going here because I didn't believe a small town could have such good food. I was totally wrong. Vox definitely delivered in terms of food, service, and atmosphere. I had their soup of the day (butternut squash pumpkin) and a duck entree. Both were delicious amd bursting with flavor. The portions were too large for me to finish, but in a way, I was glad the portions were a bit large because that meant I got to enjoy my meal for lunch the next day.

The service is so friendly. They treat you like they know you, even if you are a first time customer.

They have a cozy bar area and great bar snacks if a full dinner isn't your thing.

Overall, this is a great find in the woods of North Salem, and I would recommend it to those who love fine food and a great night out.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Vox is very pleasant french country restaurant with a nice little bar. I was part of a large party and everybody really enjoyed their meal and dessert. The menu included the many of the choices one expects from a french restaurant but the also have a children's menu. Vox is a very comfortable place to enjoy a good meal. I would imagine sitting outside is very nice in the summer. I've been here several times before and I will return again. Vox is in North Salem and there isn't too much more around.

1  Thank grump51