“Not a Happy New Year at Vox 2017”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Vox

Vox
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bethpage, New York
“Not a Happy New Year at Vox 2017”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2017

We looked forward to our New Years Eve Dinner at Vox with anticipation but came away thinking that our experience was such a poor one that we could not let it just go without commenting. The kitchen was obviously not prepared - dishes were served only after great delay and several polite inquiries about "how are things going". As for the food - each course served was inconsistent at best and just plain bad tasting on the other end of the spectrum- the bisque tasted like something closer to dirt than lobster. Lastly the service staff seemed confused and paralyzed - even unable to even clear dishes that sat on our table for 20 minutes untouched. Unfortunately an all around disappointment.

• Visited December 2016

Mount Kisco, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Christmas Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2016

While we have eaten here before and always loved it, our Christmas dinner was superlative. It was a fixed price menu which included everything from gravlax and caviar, followed by scallops and shrimp over pureed parsnips, wonderful rack of lamb accompanied by the most flavorful lardons, silky potatoes and spinach, ending with a creme brulee punctuated by vanilla beans. The atmosphere was festive with Sinatra playing in the background and the ceilings wrapped as presents. A true Joyeux Noel.

• Visited December 2016
1 Thank etlingerse
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“A local favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2016

Vox is one of my family's favorite places. Jean and his wife make it special every time. Jean always seems to find a way to make things happen. I look forward to starting with a well mixed cocktail, followed by either the claims or oysters on the half shell, followed by the Veal Milanese (my favorite) or the beef, and a tasty homemade sweet to finish the meal. One of the highlights is the warm bread that is served, oh so good. Living in the area, I enjoy visiting this locals place frequently.

Visited August 2016
1 Thank TMP101
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Stop in! I finally did”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2016

This place has been on my bucket list as I drive by it almost every day in the summer. Why did I wait? Yum! Popcorn freshly made on the table as we ordered Champagne did seem a bit quirky but a huge bowl of mussels started our way to a great meal. My husband and I both ordered a fish dish and even had dessert. It's a cozy place with a bar and outdoor seating area. I won't wait til next summer to go back. It was great place for us, especially as it was our anniversary.

• Visited July 2016
1 Thank karlsongirl
Westchester County, New York
“Great neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2016

Straight-up unpretentious French food served here. It's simply very good food, minus any airs. The night we went was sweltering so I opted for one of the specials, something of a composed salad with poached salmon and a delicious sauce on the side. My husband had the mussels and pronounced them the best he has ever had, which is saying something. We like the cinema decor and popcorn rather than rolls for the table - quaint. With just one entree and drink each, we left feeling perfectly sated and the bill was low enough we will go back, often.

• Visited August 2016