“Ruined 60th Birthday celebration”
Review of Vox

Vox
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wrote a rave review on this restaurant in July. I liked it so much I decided to have my 60th Birthday celebration here...WHAT A MISTAKE.
We made arrangements with the owner Jean a couple of weeks in advance for their small private room downstairs on a Saturday night at 5:30. It was 13 people, 3 were children.
We weren't there more then 20 minutes when Jean's wife, who was apparently working our party told us we need to hurry up and order because they were going to get busy upstairs??????? I first thought I must be misinterpreting her intonation, she has a very strong French accent. Well it went downhill from there. She was so rude and nasty, she was outright annoyed. She pushed pass my daughter who was holding an infant. We had to literally get up to get and pour our wine. No one check on us.The waitstaff was very standoffish and clearly afraid of her.
The grand finale was when she brought out my birthday cake, we asked her to wait a moment because my daughter was in the ladies room. She said"no" they were too busy upstairs. She served the cake and didn't ask if we wanted tea or coffee. It was unbelievable. I shocked and embarrassed that this is where I chose to have my 60th!!!!! HORRIBLE experience

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Very impressed with the food, service and the attitude of the entire staff. Will return soon!!
Enjoyed the fresh Cod atop sweet potato hash with bits of lobster ... wow !!!
Great atmosphere with outdoor seating available....it was a warm night for early October.
Will return very soon. A great beginning of a fantastic evening coupled with the Ridgefield Symphony....Another great experience.

1  Thank Shitzky
Reviewed 7 October 2017

My husband and I just love Vox. It's become our new Thursday night or Sunday afternoon dining experience for the relaxing atmosphere, down to earth welcoming reception & service, and expertly crafted food. Sophie and Jean are authentic and delightful...no false pretense. Their welcoming personalities add so much to the dining experience! The food...is excellent! We love the Ahi Tuna and Crab Role appetizer and the Crispy Crab Cakes with their accompanying sides as well as the Little Neck Clams and Chilled Grilled Shrimp Cocktail! The Mussels and Long Island Duck Two Ways are also favorites! Everything is just great. The selection of music while dining is worth mentioning...very nice...and the grounds are reminiscent of the French Countryside... and when it is on the menu... the aroma of the pig roast is to die for!.....See you Thursday around 7:15 guys! yum!

1  Thank MartaL1970
dj29900, Owner at Vox, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Thank you so much!Jean

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

It's been a while since I was here but that was my mistake. The ambiance is welcoming, the service good and the food excellent. Our meals ranged from the sea bass special to shrimp etouffe with short ribs and veal scalopini in between. All were skillfully prepared and flavorful.
My only complaint, and I'll admit it's minor, but at such an excellent establishment it must be mentioned. A server should never reach across a customer to serve or clear and glasses (drinks) never handled by the rim.
None the less, I highly recommend Vox for a meal or a romantic evening.

1  Thank Robert S
dj29900, Owner at Vox, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for your appreciation and constructive criticism.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant changed my thoughts on French food. I had the pouched salmon with au gratin potato. It was beautiful. I was concerned about the cold soup. But do your self a favor and order it. What a taste. Have the mussels for a app. They are the best I ever had. The atmosphere complimented the meal.

1  Thank Robert C
dj29900, Owner at Vox, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your appreciation of our restaurant!