“Very good sushi”

Masago Neo Asian Fusion 3
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Oceanside's Masago invites diners to sample only the best in fusion Asian cuisine. Our experienced chefs have traveled the world's kitchen's and cuisines to bring only the best creative, inspired and delicious flavors to your plate. Our exciting menu offers a wide variety of flavor, from the spicy Indonesian plates to expertly crafted Sushi, you won't find another restaurant that allows you to sample so many flavors. See our website for a list of specials and happy hour deals! We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We come here a couple times a year. Half off for good sushi is a good deal to me. The waitress was very nice and despite a small crowd, our food came quick. I got the Alaskan and spider roll, which were very good and my friend got the seafood casserole. She was expecting more flavor in the curry, but said the seafood was tasty and had large portions of shrimp, lobster and scallops. We'll be back.

Reviewed 13 February 2016

We have been a fan of this place for years, for both done in and take out. Tonight we walked out of the restaurant after 1.5 hours and still not being served our entrees. We've never walked out of a restaurant this way.
All the staff could say is "We're very busy" and collect the check for the appetizer served. People were stacked up wating for their takeout. The restroom is disgusting.
We will not be back, after years of loving this place. What happened here?

Reviewed 6 November 2015

a friend called at the last minute asking if I wanted to go for sushi-i was still at work but the idea really appealed. We got there about 7P and were seated and drinks came. The space is pleasant, not too crowded, and our waitress came over immediately-we were catching up so she returned. We were ready to order at this point. the menue is extensive covering soups, appetizers, sushi/sashimi, signature rolls hibachi and a lunch menu for 6.99. I got the sushi dinner with an extra piece of eel, octopus and tamago. My friend got a series of rolls. The food was excellent, fresh and very tasty. the waitstaff was most accommodating. I would recommend and return. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

three times a charm ? no so. each time we have gone, the service sucks. its like we are invisible, and i dress nice too, and we always tip good. the discount system they have is stupid, if your getting a deal then dont pay tax and tip on the before discount amount, whatever. not such a great deal how , theres a lot better out there . happy eating

Winnie Y, Owner at Masago Neo Asian Fusion 3, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

It concerns me that we've let you down even once, let alone three times, Rick. We want each and every one of our customers to feel very special and taken care of -- there's no excuse for you not experiencing this treatment. My guess is that maybe you've only ever come to us during peak hours, when it's harder for the team to give uninterrupted attention to their many tables. Although that's not a justification, I do hope it provides some clarification.

That said, please trust that I will be discussing your feedback with the team to figure out why your service has fallen so short of what we aim to provide.

Thanks for speaking up.
Winnie, General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

This is my go to place for sushi. You can't beat the price and the quality. Staff is always friendly. My only negative is that the take out is never as good as when you dine in.

Winnie Y, Owner at Masago Neo Asian Fusion 3, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

We're honored to be your go-to, Tina! Thank you for the kind review! Of course, we want everything to be perfect whether you're picking up or dining in, so thanks for the heads-up about that.

See you soon,