“Perfect location on the snowmobile trail...”
Review of Forge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Forge Motel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We have been snowmobiling in Old Forge for 39 years usually stayed with friends or family but now that we are retired wanted to go during the week when the conditions looked good. Once arriving we wanted to only travel on sled or foot and The Forge was perfect out the door and on the trail. Later for dinner we walked to a near by RESTURANT hung out for a few hours then walked back to a quiet,warm,clean room.The Forge is old and could use some tender loving care but the room and bathroom were spotless. We had a Great hot shower and slept on a very comfortable bed .Had coffee and Danish before checking out . The best was its affordable can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Bring your own Blowdryer😳 I assumed wrong
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Late August 2016, I decided to have a family getaway at Old Forge. We decided to stay at the Forge Motel just to have a place to lay our heads. We didn't expect what we got. We got high quality treatment. I'll start from the beginning.
When we walked in, we were stunned. The lobby was so simple, but so clean. It was a true country lobby. Having the pool directly next to the lobby is pretty funny though. It's the desk at the corner of the lobby, then a living room for the rest of the lobby. I love the massive TV!
The room. The room was also pretty cool. I like the idea of keys. It's new to me. I must say it was a beautiful room! I do have some suggestions. Please improve the bed. It was comfortable and easy to sleep on, but white is better than any color. Also, the doors to separate rooms. PLEASE improve them. When I stayed, more of my family had the room directly next to mine. It would take 3 people to open one door. I can't speak much on the ice and vending machines, but my room was very close to the lobby. This place has a scoop ice machine, which is better than any other ice machine. It's normally a dispenser, but a scoop works if you want to fill a cooler. This boosted my rating.
The breakfast. It was a good breakfast. Since I stayed there 4 months before writing this review, it's hard to remember exactly what was there. I know there was bananas, yogurt, English muffins, danishes, with apple juice or orange juice. I know this is a motel, and there cannot be any extravagant continental breakfast, but there could've been more there. My suggestion is make more fruit available and get some bread. After that, it would be the perfect breakfast for a motel.
The staff is VERY FRIENDLY.
I would recommend the Forge Motel to others. My previous experiences with motels have been terrible, but this one is more than meets the eye.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016

We have stayed here many times over the years both winter and summer Stayed here as a child even (won't tell you how long ago that was). It's little changed but that's part of its charm. It's retro with a newer indoor pool. The breakfast is...well, skip the breakfast and go to one of the village restaurants. It's expensive because of its location. You can walk to everything and everywhere and you can bring your snowmobile. Views of the "pond" are great. They have a loyal client base so its busy year round. I guess you either love it or hate it. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

Room Tip: Upper terrace rooms are larger with best views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

This is our 2nd year staying at the Forge. The rooms are dated but spacious & clean. Nice lodge area, very nice indoor pool, continental breakfast. Close to shops,restaurant, hiking trails, overlooking Old Forge Pond

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
GeneralManagerOwner, Owner at Forge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of updating all of our rooms. We have completely renovated some and plan to do more renovations this winter. We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Stayed here over the holiday weekend and as usual had a wonderful time. Some of the rooms on the lower level have been remodeled and are absolutely gorgeous! Rooms on the upper level have been updated a couple of years ago and are very comfortable. Rates are very reasonable and the view is to die for. Awesome front row seats for the fireworks too! Owners are the best and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. Looking forward to being back here again in October.

Room Tip: Upper level has the best views of the lake
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
14.9 km away
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Forge Motel? Share your experiences!