“Great location and beautiful views from the room.”
Review of Forge Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Forge
Forge Motel
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Some great things, some good things and some disappointments but the good very definitely outweighed the disappointments.

First the positives:- The room was very clean, views from the room over looking the lake were excellent. Location was ideal, short walk to shops, bars and restaurants, very friendly and helpful staff, great swimming pool in main lodge, good self serve breakfast, (Coffee, tea, apple and orange juice, choice of bagels, muffins, yogurt and tinned fruit) and of course the price! ($75/night)

The disappointments? The room was old and tired and in need of an update. Larger screen TV needed and no fridge or coffee making facilities in room. The Wi-Fi service was very patchy, sometimes no service at all and at other times very slow.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms will have lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lencobb
GeneralManagerOwner, Manager at Forge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for taking to time to review us. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms. We have rooms that have been completely renovated that have a 40 inch flat-screen television, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms have all new decor, furniture, and beds. We hope when you visit Old Forge again you come back and check us out.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Can't beat the location for walk to restaurants/bars/stores. Rooms are dated, but the service was good and the showers are suprisingly awesome; lots of pressure and hot water. Copious trailer, vehicle, and sled parking right out your doors.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We have been snowmobiling in Old Forge for 39 years usually stayed with friends or family but now that we are retired wanted to go during the week when the conditions looked good. Once arriving we wanted to only travel on sled or foot and The Forge was perfect out the door and on the trail. Later for dinner we walked to a near by RESTURANT hung out for a few hours then walked back to a quiet,warm,clean room.The Forge is old and could use some tender loving care but the room and bathroom were spotless. We had a Great hot shower and slept on a very comfortable bed .Had coffee and Danish before checking out . The best was its affordable can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Bring your own Blowdryer😳 I assumed wrong
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Late August 2016, I decided to have a family getaway at Old Forge. We decided to stay at the Forge Motel just to have a place to lay our heads. We didn't expect what we got. We got high quality treatment. I'll start from the beginning.
When we walked in, we were stunned. The lobby was so simple, but so clean. It was a true country lobby. Having the pool directly next to the lobby is pretty funny though. It's the desk at the corner of the lobby, then a living room for the rest of the lobby. I love the massive TV!
The room. The room was also pretty cool. I like the idea of keys. It's new to me. I must say it was a beautiful room! I do have some suggestions. Please improve the bed. It was comfortable and easy to sleep on, but white is better than any color. Also, the doors to separate rooms. PLEASE improve them. When I stayed, more of my family had the room directly next to mine. It would take 3 people to open one door. I can't speak much on the ice and vending machines, but my room was very close to the lobby. This place has a scoop ice machine, which is better than any other ice machine. It's normally a dispenser, but a scoop works if you want to fill a cooler. This boosted my rating.
The breakfast. It was a good breakfast. Since I stayed there 4 months before writing this review, it's hard to remember exactly what was there. I know there was bananas, yogurt, English muffins, danishes, with apple juice or orange juice. I know this is a motel, and there cannot be any extravagant continental breakfast, but there could've been more there. My suggestion is make more fruit available and get some bread. After that, it would be the perfect breakfast for a motel.
The staff is VERY FRIENDLY.
I would recommend the Forge Motel to others. My previous experiences with motels have been terrible, but this one is more than meets the eye.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016

We have stayed here many times over the years both winter and summer Stayed here as a child even (won't tell you how long ago that was). It's little changed but that's part of its charm. It's retro with a newer indoor pool. The breakfast is...well, skip the breakfast and go to one of the village restaurants. It's expensive because of its location. You can walk to everything and everywhere and you can bring your snowmobile. Views of the "pond" are great. They have a loyal client base so its busy year round. I guess you either love it or hate it. Give it a try and decide for yourself.

Room Tip: Upper terrace rooms are larger with best views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Clark's Beach Motel
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
0.2 km away
Pine Knoll Lodge & Cabins Inc

Been to Forge Motel? Share your experiences!