Forge Motel
US$84
Agoda.com
US$89
19th Green Motel(Old Forge)
Christy's Motel(Old Forge)
Priceline
Great Pines(Old Forge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsadirondack chairsindoor poolwould stay againenglish muffinsold forge pondbed was comfortablecan't wait to go backlakemotelsummerrenovationlodgemattressporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This is about the 6th time we've stayed at the Forge motel in the last 10 years. We are well aware of the wood paneling, very old chairs inside and out, and other ancient furniture. Ourselves and other family members have been able to overlook this in the past however due to the great location of the Forge and reasonable price, as well as they allow dogs. This time when I made the reservation I was specifically asked if I wanted the $25 dog fee added on to the bill for arrival for 4 nights. So when we checked in and paid I assumed I had paid for the dog fee. We arrived on Thursday and found one the arm of the old chairs in the room was loose. Not a huge concern, we were able to pop it back together. On Saturday morning when I went to the office to check in the room for my son who was arriving and also let them know the ice machine on our end if the building wasn't working, I was told they had called for service on it, AND I needed to pay for the dog fee when I checked out. Additionally, my daughter's outdoor red Adirondack chairs were very loose. Upon Monday morning checkout, I shared the concern that my son went 3 days with no ice machine at his building, and a cooler with no wheels. He has 3 children under the age of 5, by himself, and he had to use a plastic grocery bag to walk to the other building to get ice. By the way, there are no mini-vacation, microwaves or coffee pots in the room. When I shared my concern of dog fee issue, no ice, and broken chair, I was accused of not telling them we had a dog, no apology for broken chair or no ice. Then the mother and daughter (owners?) Started arguing in front of me, and exact words to me "forget it. We won't charge you. I'm done arguing with everyone"! As I walked away the mother said to the daughter "that's ridiculous". Two star review as housekeepers were friendly and helpful, and shower water was hot.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TLSeymour
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Some great things, some good things and some disappointments but the good very definitely outweighed the disappointments.

First the positives:- The room was very clean, views from the room over looking the lake were excellent. Location was ideal, short walk to shops, bars and restaurants, very friendly and helpful staff, great swimming pool in main lodge, good self serve breakfast, (Coffee, tea, apple and orange juice, choice of bagels, muffins, yogurt and tinned fruit) and of course the price! ($75/night)

The disappointments? The room was old and tired and in need of an update. Larger screen TV needed and no fridge or coffee making facilities in room. The Wi-Fi service was very patchy, sometimes no service at all and at other times very slow.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms will have lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lencobb
GeneralManagerOwner, Manager at Forge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for taking to time to review us. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms. We have rooms that have been completely renovated that have a 40 inch flat-screen television, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms have all new decor, furniture, and beds. We hope when you visit Old Forge again you come back and check us out.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Can't beat the location for walk to restaurants/bars/stores. Rooms are dated, but the service was good and the showers are suprisingly awesome; lots of pressure and hot water. Copious trailer, vehicle, and sled parking right out your doors.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We have been snowmobiling in Old Forge for 39 years usually stayed with friends or family but now that we are retired wanted to go during the week when the conditions looked good. Once arriving we wanted to only travel on sled or foot and The Forge was perfect out the door and on the trail. Later for dinner we walked to a near by RESTURANT hung out for a few hours then walked back to a quiet,warm,clean room.The Forge is old and could use some tender loving care but the room and bathroom were spotless. We had a Great hot shower and slept on a very comfortable bed .Had coffee and Danish before checking out . The best was its affordable can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Bring your own Blowdryer😳 I assumed wrong
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Late August 2016, I decided to have a family getaway at Old Forge. We decided to stay at the Forge Motel just to have a place to lay our heads. We didn't expect what we got. We got high quality treatment. I'll start from the beginning.
When we walked in, we were stunned. The lobby was so simple, but so clean. It was a true country lobby. Having the pool directly next to the lobby is pretty funny though. It's the desk at the corner of the lobby, then a living room for the rest of the lobby. I love the massive TV!
The room. The room was also pretty cool. I like the idea of keys. It's new to me. I must say it was a beautiful room! I do have some suggestions. Please improve the bed. It was comfortable and easy to sleep on, but white is better than any color. Also, the doors to separate rooms. PLEASE improve them. When I stayed, more of my family had the room directly next to mine. It would take 3 people to open one door. I can't speak much on the ice and vending machines, but my room was very close to the lobby. This place has a scoop ice machine, which is better than any other ice machine. It's normally a dispenser, but a scoop works if you want to fill a cooler. This boosted my rating.
The breakfast. It was a good breakfast. Since I stayed there 4 months before writing this review, it's hard to remember exactly what was there. I know there was bananas, yogurt, English muffins, danishes, with apple juice or orange juice. I know this is a motel, and there cannot be any extravagant continental breakfast, but there could've been more there. My suggestion is make more fruit available and get some bread. After that, it would be the perfect breakfast for a motel.
The staff is VERY FRIENDLY.
I would recommend the Forge Motel to others. My previous experiences with motels have been terrible, but this one is more than meets the eye.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family