US$108
US$90
EconoLodge
US$125
HIExpress.com
All reviewsfront porchold houseprivate bathowner joeowners and stafffrench toastcharming b bliving roomwide rangeminute ridefreezer packssliced fruiteggs to orderchain hoteleach morninga wonderful stayhome fries
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The only thing better than the decor (which is beautiful and at the same time comfortably home-y), the rooms, and the breakfast (which is FANTASTIC, I recommend the house special) were the staff and service.
From the moment we walked in we were handed an ice cold water bottle - on a hot summer day, much appreciated - the staff were friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay the best stay possible. When I visit Olean again, I'll certainly have to come back!!! Would recommend higher than 5 stars if possible!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017

My husband and I spent one night at The Old Library Inn on our way to visit his family in the Catskills. The Inn is a lovely old house with plenty of beautiful woodwork. The bed was comfortable, the shower was fine, the breakfast options were many, and the best part was the owner, Joe Marra. He was extremely friendly and accommodating as well as being an excellent chef.
We were in the Major Hoops room towards the back of the house, so it was quiet. My only complaints were that it would have been helpful to have a table on both sides of the bed, another lamp in the bedroom and a faucet that extended further away from the back of the bathroom sink (hard to get your hands completely under the water). These are minor problems which shouldn't discourage anyone from staying at this B&B
The building on the whole was clean and well-maintained. Joe immediately showed us upon arrival where we could put our freezer packs and a few food items that needed refrigeration. He also tried to accommodate our dietary restrictions(my husband is a vegan, and I can't eat dairy or chocolate).
All in all, it was a very good experience.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the house would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

When I am spending the night in Olean, this is my go to place. The inn is historic and simply magnificent. It has been well maintained. Joe and his staff are extremely accommodating and nice. The freshly cooked breakfast is superb. One of the staff even gave me tips so I could improve my omelets at home. By far, my favorite place away from home.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Our 2 day stay was a delight.

Joe and his staff couldn't have been more accomodating -- breakfast made to order and unbeatable - room and amenities were superb. A pearl in the ocean for an Olean stay.

Room Tip: room with its own tub and shower always helpful
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I stayed in the Olds Suite after a day of bicycling at Presque Isle State Park in Erie. PA. Joe, the owner of the inn, met us with icy bottles of water and then helped carry our luggage to second floor. Once we parked, we did not need to use a vehicle. We walked to dinner at Beef and Barrel. The beautiful basilica of St. Mary's was within walking distance the next morning. Our stay was very relaxing. We were able to use the kitchen's refrigerator. Joe's made to order breakfast the following morning was delicious. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Olds Suite has bay window, separate parlor with pocket door, 2 TVs, and a small fridge which was very useful.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Sally W, Events Coordinator at The Old Library Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Hello Susan,

Thank you for staying with us. We value your feedback to help us improve for the next visit or guests. We strive to make you feel as though this is your home away from home.