“Found Jewel !!!!!”

The Bistro at Villa Verona Vineyard
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Oneida
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Description: Classic Amercana with a French twist, this true farm to table seasonal bistro serves both lunch and dinner in our own eclectic style. Offering vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options created per patron by our chefs. This addition to our existing winery has a homey feel that adds to the casual dining atmosphere while striving to provide a unique experience. Fine dining at a sensible price.
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stumbled upon the BIstro, My wife seen a sign on the road for local Winery and we asked the desk clerk at the Hotel we were staying. He said he believed the winery was just down the road, Well we found the tasting room but after 6 hours in a car we were hungry and right next to the winery was there BIstro, We were the first couple to be seated and we had a great server, she was from Ohio and we had a nice little chat about our hometown. She recommend the balsamic brussel sprouts. They were great a little salty but a pleasant surprise, I had the riggi burger and it was really good. Very different from your regular burger. My wife had the pan fired Haddock,it was fresh and cook perfectly, If you want something different then Casino food i would say stop by and try the place. Next time we head out to Verona We will definitely stop and try one of the other dishes, I don't think we will be disappointed,

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This little bistro next to the winery tasting room had a nice charcuterie and decent small plates. Wines are limited to those of the winery but the dry wines are of decent quality for this difficult area for growing wine. Given the limited choices outside the nearby casino, this is a real find. Staff is very helpful and enthusiastic.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

The tasting room was closed as were the options that were available only with that. We could only taste at the bar in the bistro. They were short handed and their website was not accurate.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We previously had done a tasting at the VV Vineyard and the bartender promised it would be worth a return trip to eat at the Bistro. We ventured there today expecting a nice lunch, but I was not prepared to name this my new favorite place in central NY! This farm-to-table bistro is beautiful with lots of natural light from arched windows, comfortable furnishings, and one of the coolest floors I have seen. My wife enjoyed one of their signature wines while I tried a Mill House (Poughkeepsie NY) Cucumber Ale that was really crisp and refreshing.
I started with a side of Utica Greens that we both agreed was the best we have ever had. She wanted to try the Butternut Squash soup, and I was fully prepared to let her have it all. I hate butternut squash, still recoiling from a childhood memory of my mother insisting that I finish the portion she put on my plate, and getting deeper into trouble when caught trying to feed it to my loyal dog (who also hated the squash).
But back to the soup. Putting my trust in my wife, who was convinced I would like it, I tentatively took a sip. Then another. Then a whole spoonful. And when I thought it couldn't get any better, I got one of the little pumpkin seeds that floated on top. Honestly I could eat that soup every day for the rest of my life! Our waitress stopped by to ask if I was ok when I closed my eyes just to savor the taste. I was only half-joking when I asked if the waiter put crack in the soup--it was absolutely addictive!
For entrees I went with the chicken riggies--they were so fresh and flavorful, and especially impressed to learn the chef does not pre-make the sauce! My wife ordered the grilled romaine hearts. She loved it, and our waitress proclaimed it one of her favorites, but to me it just looked like lettuce on steroids. Must be a girl thing.
We finished with lemon cheese cake with blueberries, and chocolate mousse cake. These were wonderful finishes to a truly satisfying and memorable experience.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stopped in yesterday evening for dinner. The Bistro had been recommended by neighbors who really liked it.Well, we liked it too! I had a special, a venison blend burger topped with red cabbage slaw & mini fried onions, and served with house cut fries and a schmear of tasty aioli.. We shared the Brussel sprouts appetizer that featured roasted sprouts, soppressata, and an apple vinegar reduction. My husband had a duck breast special served with enoki and shitake mushrooms.

The food was very good, including the best hand-cut fries I've ever had (including my own). The sprouts may sound unappealing, but they were yummy! Portions were generous, and there was even some to take home.

For dessert, my husband had the chocolate lava cake topped with lemon ice cream, and I had a scoop (huge one) of maple bacon ice cream. I loved it! My husband thought it was a bad combo. I thought the flavors blended well, and hey...BACON!

One thing that wasn't an issue, but could have been for other prospective diners: The friendly and informative server never asked me how I wanted the burger done, and I didn't think to specify. It was done perfectly for me (med-rare), but the pink center might be off-putting to some. I did mention this to the server, and she agreed that she had should have discussed their meat grilling options.

The ambience is clean & modern, with some wine-related accessories serving as decor. We found it noisy, but not because of the other diners. There is nothing on the floors, and precious little on the walls, to effectively dampen the sounds that echo around the high-cieling room. That could be a quick fix... some art work on the walls, etc.

To sum it up: A very nice meal, good service, and reasonable prices for what is served. We'll certainly return.