“Wood-fired pizza, great selection of drafts, and more”

Chesterfield's Tuscan Oven
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Oneida
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Pretty new restaurant. Their HOME restaurant is Chersterfields in Utica, NY. The Tuscan Oven is awazing. Pizza, raviolis, paninis, chicken riggies... and free refills.
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Not the greatest viewscape for this great restaurant, located in a strip mall alongside Route 5 and Route 46 in Oneida. However, great food, good beers and friendly service make for a great dining experience. The interior is relaxed, sort of diner-style; the food ranges across Italian-American fare, with highlights including the antipasto, great soups, and wood-fired pizza. We often come here before/after a movie and shopping, and always come away happy.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Restaurant was very quiet since it was late for lunch but early for dinner . We were able to pick what menu we wanted . We were the only table eating at this time . The wood oven was going making pizzas that smelled wonderful . Very nice relaxed atmosphere. Friendly bartender and hostess. Our waitress friendly but possible inexperienced.
She forgot many basic things and we had to go find her standing at the bar watching TV many times .
We told her a third person was joining us and placed his order which was presented warm right on time when he arrived . He thanked her and told her he had no silverware to eat with . She acknowledged took his drink order and went back to watching TV . Finally we went to bar to ask for a fork . Very basic you don't put food in front of someone and not give them utensils!! Since we were the only table at this time I would expect better service . Food was fresh, warm and plentiful . Loved the warm bread with olive oil .

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant and were totally ignored by the staff. People who came after us, had their orders taken and appetizers served; and not one person came to our table. We kept asking for service and were repeatedly told "this is not my table". We finally got up and left. I have never seen such an example of poor customer service.

3  Thank Howard J
drose2401, Owner at Chesterfield's Tuscan Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Hello Howard,

We cannot express how sorry we are that you had not been offered customer service promptly. We do try our very best to attend to all tables in a timely manner so we are shocked that your server was not more attentive to your table. So we can look into this matter for you, we would appreciate you reaching out to us via email at info@chesterfieldstuscanoven.com with the date and time of your experience. We understand that this is an extremely frustrating situation and are disappointed that you were not left with a better impression of us and our establishment. We encourage you to give us another try so we can provide you with an experience that would transform your outlook of our business!

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

The chicken parm here was very excellent. The overall service was very good and I was very pleased with my experience!

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Went here with my friend, we ordered greens and a pizza. I had to ask again for my glass of wine 15 minutes later, and it only got worse from there. Another 10 minutes to get bread, 15 for the greens, and at least 20 minutes for the pizza. Had to ask the bartender for a to go box because the server was lost I guess. Then same with the bill 10 minutes later. All in all we were there for an hour and a half for greens and pizza. This is a take out only restaurant for me from now on.

Chesterfield2184, Owner at Chesterfield's Tuscan Oven, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

Angela , Thank you so much for your feedback as we appreciate hearing of any experience a customer has had with us so we can learn and grow from them! I do apologize that you feel the wait was long and the service not attentive ! We strive to keep our staff always available and attentive to your needs . Although every case is different you should never feel ignored or unattended to. I do apologize that in your case you felt just that way. While we do like to operate in a relaxed atmosphere as everything is made to order , and when we are serving higher volumes especially out of the pizza oven it can take a little longer than on average as we state on the menu . We never intend to make the customer feel rushed or feel neglected ! There lies a fine line ! If ever you are in need to be in and out we do always try to accommodate that and fire an order out for the customers schedule as you do always come first . I always like to touch on what the customers main concerns are in their reviews , not to excuse anything by any means but to let you know that we are reading into every detail. While we set a standard of service some days some instances slip through the cracks and it is reviews like yours that let us know things may be going wrong , it allows us to approach the situation accordingly! While we do always have a manager on staff we would love to hear from you at the time so we can make your experience better right then and there and encourage our customers to let us know!!! the wait time on the wine was unacceptable, as for the food our bread is cooked to order as well as greens and the pizza . I can be sure to speak to the staff on being more timely but wouldn't want to promise something of us that is untrue, as the wait on the greens being 15 minutes is about the time it takes to prepare that dish especially with other tickets in the kitchen , and the same with the pizza our oven is a specialty oven and when nothing is going on in it , it can take 6 minutes to cook a pizza , but when we are in a lunch or dinner service at peak times the pizza is hand tossed , built and cooked to order in the order it goes in , we can fit 2 or three pizzas depending on their size and the more the oven is cooking the longer it does take. That is why as I mentioned before we have a disclosure on the menu about the pizzas! Everything in the kitchen is fresh and made to order , we do this to provide a delicious and unique meal for our customers! I do apologize that you were unhappy with the speed of your meal and service but hope you do see we put our hearts and souls into what we do and hope to make everyone happy along the way! It is in the nature of our restaurant to do something to make up for your bad experience. Through the trip advisor outlet is hard to reach back out and do so , but we would love to hear from you personally at anytime . You can give us a call 315-361-9900 or email drose2401@yahoo.com anytime ! thank you so much for your time and patronage ! Dominique Borruso