Beacon Hotel Oswego
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$148
US$118
QualityInn
US$181
US$140
Hampton.com
All Seasons Inn(Oswego)(Great Value!)
US$68
K&G Lodge(Oswego)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsknights of columbuscontinental breakfastcharming hotelhistoric buildingbridge stoff street parkingjacuzzi tubroom hotelpersonalized servicedecorative fireplacequaint townpersonal preferencebig hotelthe check in processwould highly recommend this hotelking roomplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2015

My wife, daughter and I just got back from a three night stay. Instead of adding my own commentary I will just list our observations from our stay.

• Nicely renovated building. A boutique type of hotel.
• Parking for your vehicle in their lot.
• Walking distance to town and places to eat. Close driving distance to Oswego College.
• Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators.
• Central AC kept room nice and comfortable.
• Nice bathroom with tub/shower. Could use more storage, maybe shelves put on walls.
• Liquid soap in bathroom had water added to it on the second day to extend it. I don’t do that at home.
• Two lights were out in our bathroom. One was on the high ceiling over the shower and the other was a hanging fixture that was kind of high too. Mentioned to the front desk but bulbs were never replaced. The light fixture from the mirror did provide adequate light however.
• Our room was not that big but adequate for our needs. If larger another chair beside the desk chair would have been nice.
• Our room faced the street. Very loud and noisy at times. I would recommend getting a room on the other side.
• Bed made noise every time we moved our position and was annoying. It sounded like a combination of a whoopee cushion and a creaky floor. This was caused by the plastic covering over the mattress. Mattress was saggy and uncomfortable. This really needs to be corrected.
• Continental breakfast consisted of coffee, tea, pastries, cereal bars, yogurt, fresh fruit and two juices. No cereal, English muffins or bagels. No tables but lounge chairs with ottomans that you can use as tables to eat your breakfast. We ate breakfast out.

Our daughter is starting her freshman year at Oswego College this August so the question is; will we stay here again? Maybe but I think I will try one of the high quality chain hotels first. The mattress is a deal breaker for us.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street get street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kpuccia
Reviewed 21 July 2015

The Beacon Hotel was a lovely place to stay in Oswego. A very nice location so that you could walk most places. It was very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was lovely continental breakfast and in a beautiful sitting room. Definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

This seems like an old house that was turned into a hotel. The staff was very nice and showed me around the grounds. Everything felt very inviting. Everything was very clean and comfortable. My room was great and the bed was good. The shower was very hot and I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank tomh099
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Here for 3 nights for a wedding, reception held at the hotel. Julie was wonderful! Hotel room cozy with everything I needed. Mini fridge, water. If the weather allows, sleeping with the windows open was so nice. Parking convienient. Walking distance to everything downtown. Coffee, waster, tea, and a cozy lobby. Nice complementary continental breakfast! Great stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pbee43
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

The hotel was clean, rooms were adorable, bathroom was new and clean. Hotel is small but it is a a refurbished historical knights of Columbus building. Owners were very nice and friendly. located in middle of town, close to everything. We were able to walk around town and stroll down by the lake. I already booked my next stay there.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business