“"KEEP DRIVING AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"”

M Star Hotel Canajoharie
Reviewed 8 July 2012

While vacationing in the northeast part of the country, my husband and I were on our way to Cooperstown, New York when we stopped at the Rodeway Inn in Paletine Bridge, NY in the late evening; BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF OUR VACATION. Before we could get out of our car we sensed a complete feeling of discomfort and being unsafe. The grounds were litered with trash and the building appeared to be unkept and deteriorating . We observed a few individuals that appeared to have taken up residency in the motel. When we entered the establishment, the "Owner" and his Assistant gave us an uneasy feeling. After we checked in and while entering our room, a horrific order hit us. The room was in deplorible condition and not fit for humans nor animals. The stinch/smell was unbearable. There were two inoperable refrigerators and an inoperable microwave stacked on the dresser next to the televsion. The bathroom had inadequate lighting, appeared moldy, dirty, and also had a stinch. The towels and wash clothes were worn thin and were dengy. The Carpeting was stained and worn, the beds and chairs were stained not suited to sit on nor sleep in . The window AC did not have an on/off knob. The lock and night chains on the enterance and adjoining room doors appeared to be inadquate for security ( those areas of the doors appeared as if sometime in the past there had been a forced entry). We could not imagine eating breakfast here.
So in the dark of night we fled for better accommodations (40 miles away to Oneonta, NY).
We recommend that you do not stay at this place," NEVER ,EVER, EVER!"
WE RATE THIS PLACE "DEPLORRIBLE".

Room Tip: Don't sleep here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank anna c

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Do not stay here! I needed a place in the area for a night and didn't do enough research so I ended up here. Should have asked for refund and left, but knew I was leaving early in the morning and made due. As I pulled up the cast of Deliverance appeared to be sitting on the porch in front of the office. The room I was given that was supposed to be a non-smoking room reeked of smoke. I ended up going out to store and getting a bottle of Frebreeze to spray down the room (it took 3/4 of the bottle). I've been in nicer cleaner more modern bathrooms in college dormitories. The toilet needed to be flushed 3 times any time you used it. The air conditioning was rusty and looked like it had been there since the 1970's. The promised refrigerator did not work - I wasn't daring enough to try the microwave. Most of the Cable TV channels were fuzzy. $80? I've maybe been in two worse hotel rooms in my life and at least none of them cost anywhere near that. Absolutely horrible. Do not stay here! Head down the road to Amsterdam and find some decent accommodations like I should have done. Choice hotels should be ashamed to be associated with this place,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank bmq1234
Reviewed 17 June 2012

It's a terrible place to stay, had very bad experience of life.
it is shame to be the part of choice hotels. Need to be renovate the whole
motel.Stay away from it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil S
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Getting a late start to our trip to Cape Cod we stopped
into the Rodeway once it got dark. We have stayed in a
lot of hotels and this is got to be the worst. Seeing it's a
Choice hotel you would think there would be some "standards"
that they would have to abide by but, we sure didn't see
any. The wall paper was pelling of the wall, although some
had been taped back up. The radiators where all broken, and
flithy. The bathroom was discusting and the shower didn't
work at all. The only positive thing I could say
about the hotel , was the view in the morning. I rarely
have all negative things to say about the hotels I've stayed
at but this is the exception. It should be shut down!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Beachglassgirl1
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This Rodeway Inn off the NY Thruway just East of Utica is in dire need of repairs and upgrade. Do not waste your time. We were booked for 2 nights, but checked out after one horrible night. The window A/C unit was not up to the 90 degree weather, very small, old bathroom, hole in the blanket, old poor picture TV. Low price, low service, low quality.

Room Tip: There is no best room! Don
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
16.4 km away
Riverside Motel
Riverside Motel
#1 of 1 in Fultonville

Been to M Star Hotel Canajoharie? Share your experiences!