“Great array of dishes”
Review of Pearl River Diner

Pearl River Diner
Ranked #18 of 53 Restaurants in Pearl River
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Delightful assortment of dishes. Strongly recommend the gyro sanwiche. Lots of tasty meat and super pita.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We (my family of 6 and I) have eaten at PR Diner many times. Every time I order the chicken Pot Pie, it is wonderful. My wife orders many different meals on the menu (so I enjoy taste her meals as well). All of the food is made fresh, we know this because often the owner comes out to greet us with a huge proud smile. It is obvious he does what he does, not only for the love of preparing, cooking, baking etc. but because he loves serving people. After we are done eating, we are satisfied, we have always had enough food so that we could take some tasty treats home to enjoy later. Upon leaving we make sure to let Theodore know of our Excellent Experience

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Recently, several local restaurants have joined the GrubHub community for food delivery. I was excited to see the addition of a local diner to add to the diversity of cuisines. So far, my experience with delivery has been negative. On the two occasions, I ordered from the Pearl River Diner, the food has arrived cold. The first time the food was OK after reheating, although the "charcoal cooked" veggie burger was not charcoal cooked nor did it come with the coleslaw and pickle as stated on the menu. This time, cheese fries were congealed and not appetizing, although briefly heating them in the microwave helped. The pita with grilled vegetables was cold and soggy. The issue is packaging for delivery to keep it hot. I have given the diner two chances and will take a third.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

It is not a typical Diner, but I would consider it one (partly because of the name) and it fits the bill nicely. It has smaller menu than most, but covers all the bases, including greek. Their version if greek is very good, but suffers from the same pre-pressed gyro, which is a pity. Breakfast is good size and well made, all omelettes to the point and the home fries are generally good. Burgers are on the sloppy side, but very tasty and their ruben is a treat. Service is a bit hit or miss when it comes to attention, but generally friendly and it easy to make out the regulars as they tend to congregate close to the tv set and talk loudly.
Compared to other diners in the area, this is the one I like the best as an overall package.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Was called Peggy's Grille House for a while and now a new name but pretty much the same place.

Food is good basic food with good size portions. Prices are a little high ($9.75 for a swiss cheese burger and fries) but lots to eat.