“Paninis, Chicken Pot Pie & Terrific Greek food”
Review of Pearl River Diner

Pearl River Diner
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Pearl River
Reviewed 4 December 2016

We've eaten here on several occasions and have found the food to be quite good. They have added a more extensive menu in the last few months which now has more typical diner food. The chicken pot pie is a very rich and large serving- very much like it was made in your home kitchen. The panini offerings are large and very good tasting. We've tried several of the Greek offerings including the spinach pie and mousaka which come with a Greek salad. All very good and good size servings. The owner does check-in at the table but the wait staff is a little bit slow. The souvlaki gyro was very good. Prices are very reasonable and it did seem like they had an active take out business. Overall we will continue to visit this diner.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

The food is great - all home made and reasonably priced. OK, the rolls were purchased and didn't meet the quality of the other food we were eating but that's the only improvement I could suggest. The staff is very accommodating and knows the regulars but were warm and welcoming to us as newcomers. In fact, as my husband and I stood outside reading the menu on the window, the owner came out to ask if we had questions! Both the Greek food my husband ordered and the fried cod I ordered were well seasoned and tasty. Dinners ranged in the $10-$13 range and included soup or salad. Want to substitute something? Just ask. When my husband asked about Avgolemno soup, the owner said "When are you coming back? Call and I'll make it for you."

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Very good new owners more on menu service is good try soups when on menu but remember it is a diner clean and owners are there to watch over

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Delightful assortment of dishes. Strongly recommend the gyro sanwiche. Lots of tasty meat and super pita.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We (my family of 6 and I) have eaten at PR Diner many times. Every time I order the chicken Pot Pie, it is wonderful. My wife orders many different meals on the menu (so I enjoy taste her meals as well). All of the food is made fresh, we know this because often the owner comes out to greet us with a huge proud smile. It is obvious he does what he does, not only for the love of preparing, cooking, baking etc. but because he loves serving people. After we are done eating, we are satisfied, we have always had enough food so that we could take some tasty treats home to enjoy later. Upon leaving we make sure to let Theodore know of our Excellent Experience