All reviews wine country wine tasting north fork happy place long island winery visits can't wait to go back front porch could not have been more great suggestions favorite restaurants other guests we've stayed every morning bed and breakfast fresh local ingredients old friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was my fourth time staying with Darolyn and Chris at the Harvest Inn. Never a disappointment....from the rooms to the delicious breakfasts, great tips and local recommendations these two innkeepers seriously enjoy what they do and enjoy the people they host. As they greeted my husband and I the last time we arrived with a "welcome home" that's exactly how we were treated while we stayed with them.
My next trip is already planned!!!

Room Tip: They are all lovely, some with vineyard views and others with backyard views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Harvest Inn has become our "happy place". The Inn is beautiful, breakfasts are so delicious and the hosts, Darolyn and Chris, are two of the most awesome people we've ever met! They are so welcoming and make you feel like you are home, and their recommendations on wineries and restaurants are always spot on.

The location is perfect. If you don't feel like driving you can walk to a few wineries........bring a bottle back to the Inn and enjoy it on their beautiful, relaxing porch.

They have made every one of our stays special and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We have been visiting here twice a year for a few years now and when we think it can't get any better it does!

North Fork is truly a wonderful place to visit and there is simply no better place to stay...this is simply the best!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Harvest Inn has become a staple of my year. As fall approaches, I know we can anticipate a stay at The Harvest Inn and have a wonderful weekend of relaxation, wine and rest. The title of my review is intentional. My mouth dropped when I got to the North Fork and often show folks photos and their response is "...wait, this is in Long Island!?". It's a little slice of heaven.

Now to The Harvest Inn:

I will be the first person to say this- B&Bs were not my thing. There was something odd to me about them and I was somewhat reluctant at first. I could not have been more wrong. It's wonderful and made me an insta-fan of the B&B business model. The Harvest Inn does everything to make your stay comfortable, but still finds that perfect balance of allowing it to be your stay.

The house is beautiful. A private little home in between a slew of wineries that is a perfect location. You have everything the North Fork has to offer to your left and to your right: wine and food. The inn provides parking for each room and the rooms are spacious, comfortable and outfitted with all you need. The hosts go as far as having a minifridge available with waters for you (Especially good after day drinking) and a place for you to chill your wine prior to drinking. They even go as far as leaving clean wine glasses out for you to enjoy and get a full wine tasting experience.

All rooms are upstairs, and downstairs offers a cute sitting room and a spacious dining rooms. The best part- when you open the windows you hear nearly nothing. It's quaint, and quiet, and a great rest from the chaotic world we live in. The porch was built for you to drink wine and relax. When coming home, you can sit out and hear the pond with mini-waterfall and just relax. Probably some of my favorite parts of the weekend was drinking my coffee and sitting on the porch.

The breakfast is amazing and just what you need when you are heading out to a day of wine tasting. This is no basic hotel or inn breakfast, this is a legit breakfast. The portions are delicious and you will leave satisfied. The coffee is a special blend the inn puts together, fresh orange juice and water, and a breakfast you will tell folks about Monday at work.

The inn owners, Chris and Darolyn, are awesome. Chris is the chef and knows pretty much everything there is to know about wine. Darolyn knows everything on the North Fork, and everyone with 25 miles. When you book your stay, Darolyn will book everything you need. Plus, everyone in the North Fork knows them so you feel like old friends wherever you go out.

In the morning before you leave breakfast, Chris and Darolyn will chat with you. Then Darolyn will put together a slew of things going on: wineries to check out, live music and food locations, and more! It's like having a personal tour guide. As you embark on your day, they will invite you to a private wine tasting back at their house, which is a great pre-dinner event!

The Harvest Inn quickly becomes a favorite for all who experience it. Take it from someone who thought B&Bs were not for him- go and enjoy. You will not regret it!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Harvest Inn, having just returned from our third trip there (now an annual weekend getaway for my fiance and I). The owners, Darolyn and Chris, felt like family after our first stay with them, and it has been their warmth, knowledge of the region and absolutely stellar establishment that has kept us coming back.

The Inn - adorable, well kept, very comfortable. It feels like home, except my home isn't that peaceful, and I've never had a fireplace in my bedroom :)

The breakfast - DELICIOUS. Simple, always made with super fresh local ingredients. Perfection.

The hosts - two of my favorite people ever. For starters, they know everything about - and everyone on - the North Fork. Whatever experience you're looking for, whatever wine you want to try, whatever your ideal dinner, they know where to send you. And Darolyn will insist on making the reservations on your behalf (let her, no one says no to Darolyn).

Bonus - if you're looking for a little something extra, consider the sailing package. You cannot beat a personally guided tour of the Peconic Bay, and the lunch Chris packs for you is beyond. It was more than a full day ago, and I'm still thinking about that lobster salad.

Again, can't say enough amazing things about the Harvest Inn, and the North Fork n general. We absolute love both, and I suspect we'll be coming back here every September for a long, long time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We recently spent an amazing extended weekend with hosts Darolyn and Christopher at their home, The Harvest Inn! These two, the Inn, our room, the grounds and our daily breakfasts, prepared by Chef Christopher, were simply out of this world, over the top delicous, spectacular and absolutely beyond amazing! From the time we arrived, Darolyn and Christopher made us feel right at home, like friends we've known for a lifetime, and if you are new to the North Fork, or a returning visitor, Daroyln and Christopher are your go-to's when it comes to recommendations of things to do, see and taste. A daily run-down of events throughout the region, great recommendations for every diners pallate and extensive knowledge of who, what and where to check out, is exactly what they provide, making the experience even better! It was truly an absolutely amazing experience and we will be back! Absolutely the best!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family