“Love it!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This is our favorite place to go with a group of friends. Great drinks and a fun vibe. Food is good and portions are plentiful. The guacamole is made table-side and is awesome! They have late night dancing that we've stayed for a couple times and had a lot of fun.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

We had dinner at Ruben's and it was delicious. My friend is vegan and the waitress was very accommodating. The tostadas were awesome. Chips and salsa are fresh and free. Also, the décor is festive.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Some of the best Mexican food I have had. Service is excellent and the menu varied. Good prices. Overall a nice little find!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Looks like a hole in the wall, but as we entered we were warmly greeted and promptly seated. The waiter wear ties and are dressed welled. There was live music, which we enjoyed. We started with chips and salsa and Rubens's margaritas. The salsa is not hot spicy and compliment the corn chips nicely. the margaritas are good, not over whelmed tequila or to sweet of mix.

The food arrive in less then 10 minutes on very hot plates. The presentation of our dinner and those around us were professional and better then expected.

I had the enchiladas Suizas with chicken and rice and beans. The chicken was hand pulled which is more traditional . The sauce was tangy and not spicy.

The service was very good, drinks are good, the food was good. The food could use more flavor especially the sauces.

We would go back again.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Strolled in on a recent trip to Peekskill, NY. Place was almost empty and I was concerned about the quality, but I decided to give it a try. As the saying goes, looks can be deceiving. The food was delicious and the pricing was typical.
Shortly after arriving, other people began arriving and before long there were many guests, though not overcrowded. Apparently, we had simply arrived before the usual dinner crowd. And by "crowd" I'm simply talking about the figure-of-speech. The restaurant had a nice flow of guests, but at no time did I feel crowded or rushed in any way. I would definitely recommend the place and will return again myself on a future trip to Peekskill.

1  Thank dwizard214