“Delicious seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious dinner last Monday evening, at a long time establishment in Piedmont, and one of the relatively few fine dining places open on Monday night.

The starter course featured excellent call mouse and a very nice pickled eggplant dish, with crispy bread. The olives were also superb.

My mixed seafood stew was ample, and each of the ingredients had been cooked to their own degree of perfection.

My companion had a absolutely delicious swordfish grilled perfectly with a good assortment of fresh vegetables.

The big Alaska was great fun, but wasn't really a baked Alaska in the classic mode.

Nevertheless, we enjoyed this very large restaurant with lots of nautical touches and in the far distance passed a pretty large parking lot views of the Hudson river and the Tappanzee Bridge.

1  Thank robcurtross

Reviewed 15 September 2017

O a beautiful night, we decided dinner outside on the water was on the menu. We went to Cornetta' s in Piermont, NY. Well this is not fine dining and not haute cuisine, but we had a good meal for the money. We started with an appetizer of mussels fra diavolo which were cooked perfectly and had just the right amount of heat. For entrees, we had the crab cakes, very good but could have used a bit more punch of flavor, the blackened snapper in the artichoke lime sauce, another good dish cooked perfectly, and shrimp with penne in a vodka sauce. The shrimp were huge and plentiful but I tasted the sauce, it was my husband's dish, and I thought it tasted a little bit like sauce from a jar. Was not a fan but if you stick to basic fish dishes and stay away from the pasta, you will do much better as it is more of a seafood restaurant then an Italian restaurant. All in all it was a good dinner and a beautiful setting.

1  Thank Pattycakes15
Reviewed 4 September 2017

It took awhile to get a table outside but the view was worth it. The food was good but a great server that did not rush us out. We all had one of the specials and was not disappointed. The wine list was very limited.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My SOP and I stopped by yesterday afternoon for lunch/dinner, it was 4:00pm. I used to live in the area and remembered it as having good food. well, yesterday changed my mind. On the Hudson river, the view was good, there was an expanse of decking , that overlooking the water that was closed off so we were on the inside looking out at an boat lift and marina that was "ok". Appetizer was muscles Fra diavlo which were also OK. We both had the same entree -shrimp scampi over linguini which was awful. No salad came with this 25.00 entree I might add. Perhaps I should have inquired further regarding how it was prepared, but my experience with scampi has been shrimp/butter /garlic ....not this place. The shrimp and pasta were slathered in some type of lemon sauce- over powering, artificial, - no hint of garlic- over over-done shrimp. We will not return, nor shall I EVER recommend this place to anyone . I might add prices wer not cheap, each entree was $25.00 with 5 shrimp- large and overcooked. Stick with Hudsons- less view- but at least you know the food will be good and prepared by an experienced staff

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This was our second visit to this establishment in two weeks. The food was very tasty, and in view of the very busy Saturday evening, the service was attentive. The hostesses Ani and Kathy were very pleasant and accommodating. This is a fun place to go for good meal with a great view.