“Great food and atmosphere - wonderful evening with friends”
Review of Pier 701

Pier 701
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 701 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Piermont
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pier 701 Restaurant and Bar is located in the heart of Piermont New York. It is a modern Mediterranean inspired waterfront restaurant with a beautiful panoramic view of the Hudson Valley. We are Rockland County's largest selection of seafood, with the best views in town. Our boat dock is conveniently located across from our famous outdoor Tiki Bar. Pier 701 is your premier destination for our seasonal al fresco dining. Piermont Banquet Hall With seating for 300 people, its no wonder Pier 701 is your go-to destination for on the water dining. Our dining rooms are available for wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners, baby/bridal showers, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Cocktail Parties,etc. We also cater to private intimate affairs, on our Pier 701 Beach or in one of our finely appointed dining rooms. Piermont Live Music and Entertainment Our Concert Series Features an All Inclusive Gourmet Dinner with live performances.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We had a reservation on Saturday night with another couple when it was extremely busy and we had no problems at all. I even asked them if we could move our table closer to the water and the hostess happily accommodated. My husband and I both enjoyed our meal. We both had the specials of the evening (Mahi Mahi and Swordfish). The atmosphere is great. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The food was great and e atmosphere is outstanding. The chef Dennis Whitton made a gourmet meal that was delicious. The restaurant manager PETER made us feel like family with outstanding service. I highly recommend this place for a great escape because you feel like you are eating and drinking in the JERSEY SHORE

Reviewed 26 July 2016

The view of this restaurant is spectacular. However, the food not so much!! They have NYC prices but the food just doesn't match. My ceasar salad was wilted and had some browned edges. The parmesan on top was a bit chewy, I barely tasted the dressing. I ordered the chicken entree thinking that would be safest to get as I had read prior reviews that were bad. The chicken came out with the skin that looked dehydrated so I knew it was going to be dry. Dry it was.. I had to have each bite with a smear of my mash potato just to be able to eat it. The broccoli rabe was also hard to eat as the stems were tough. So I didn't touch it as I didn't want to look like I was struggling to chew. When time for dessert came, we just passed. The food needs an upgrade. Not sure I would recommend.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

party of 4 on moderately busy Sunday night. sat at the table for 10 minutes before we had to call for a server. food came out wrong and at 3 different times. ordered penne vodka with chicken and no chorizo and it came out with no chicken- then was charged 6 bucks for the extra chicken when they brought it out 15 minutes later for a second time. food was so bland and overall put me in a pissy mood.....on the plus side the 13 dollar mojito was great.

i will never go back as its not worth the 150 bucks we dropped for 2 (the total bill was 200 plus tip but we had cocktails before our friends arrived as well)

Reviewed 24 July 2016

The best feature of this restaurant is the outdoor seating in good weather with a beautiful view of the Tappan Zee Bridge. After that it's downhill. We were there on a Saturday night, so naturally it was very popular and mobbed. They can't handle the crowds. Service is abysmal and the waiter has to be located if you need anything. I was brought the wrong dish, but after seeing how bad the service was I decided to just eat it. The bread was stale, the octopus was good, the salads were average, the clam chowder was awful. The mussels were tasty but drowned in a butter sauce, not what I ordered. We had a key lime cheese cake for dessert which was ok. The ladies room was filthy. It's pricey for what they give you. I think it would be a nice place to go and sit on their "beach" with a drink, but skip the dinner.

Been to Pier 701? Share your experiences!