US$136
US$139
Hampton.com
US$76
US$129
Americas Best Value Inn Plattsburgh(Plattsburgh)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$105
US$88
US$120
US$112
US$209
All reviewswater parkmini golfbrew pubbrewing companyindoor waterparkfun zonehotel guestsolder kidsfront desklaser tagsplash padthree feethour fitness centersame buildingbig hitthe hotel offersgreat family hotel
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This appears to be a new Hotel. It has several features. Did not use water park but it looked to be pretty good. Very nice, comfortable and INEXPENSIVE rooms. Staff friendly and efficient. Plenty of parking near entrances. The entrances, however, are not secure, which is surprising. It looked like locks were being replaced so maybe this will be fixed soon. Hotel is easy to get to off the interstate. Shopping and restaurants are nearby. Several decent ones to choose from.

Room Tip: this hotel has a circles shape. the circle is cut into sections with and each section is partitioned from the other by a short hallway. Entrances are located where the sections begin and end. Rooms located at the end of each section only have one neighbor and are closer to the entrances.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ed G
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is an "adequate" place to stay -- we stayed in 2 rooms - a suite for my family w/ a toddler and a second room for my mother-in-law. Our room, the suite, was very nice with enough space for a crib, but was not a 2-room suite and there was no way to have our son sleep separately from us. When we requested service, only half of the towels were exchanged. My mother-in-law had to see 3 rooms before finally finding one that didn't smell like cigarettes or mold. The room she finally was able to obtain had a broken lock so her key didn't work multiple times. The lobby, in addition, smells strongly of chlorine from the pool. Finally, the breakfast is included but on the weekends, it is very busy, lots of the food was depleted and there was only one poor worker trying to keep up with the demands of a large crowd.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Nice lobby with free coffee and muffins all day long, which is a very delicate attention. Every member of the staff we met was nice, patient and ready to help. Our room was clean and ready well before the official check-in time. The indoor pool is mainly designed for children who could enjoy a water slide and fountains in presence of a lifeguard. The adults, meanwhile, could only relax on the chairs or walk on shallow water, as the "deep" pool has to be kept clear for the water slide drop. The breakfast buffet offered a good variety of choices: scrambled eggs, waffles, sausages, breads and fruits.
We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Clean (mostly) and tidy, great location to stopover on long trips. Light breakfast supplied. Recommend staying here in the off-season, as whilst Lake George is lovely, most places are closed come October...and definitely a nicer locale that Glens Falls!

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Stacey I
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is a nice property with lots of great features for kids and centrally located to shopping and dining in Plattsburgh. However there is a lot of room for improvement.

PROS:

-Clean lobby
-Free mini water park
-Good selection of foods at free breakfast
-Good location with lots of parking
-Strong wifi signal

CONS:

-Arcade located in the hotel is not free, nor do you receive any tokens as a guest of the hotel. This would have been a nice touch.

-The hotel is very much like a maze. There are hallways and doors and more hallways and then more doors. It makes a simple trip up the the 2nd floor very tiring.

-The front desk staff that I dealt with seemed indifferent. I asked about booking a bigger room for our next visit and was told there were no bigger rooms. I also informed them that the bed was very uncomfortable and the agent just said "I'll make a note of it." I just did not get the feeling that I was a valued customer. And as a Gold member of Choice rewards, I expected more.

-Upon arrival, my door lock did not work. I had to walk back through all of the previously mentioned hallways and doors to find someone at front desk to help me. They sent maintenance a few minutes later. He spent 25 minutes at our room recharging the battery in the lock because he didn't have a spare lock to replace it with. We struggled with getting into our room for the entire weekend - very unpleasant.

- The room was very small. We booked a king suite, which was a king bed with a half wall divider and a pull out couch on the other side. It was super cramped. I have been in regular double rooms that are twice the size of this so called suite. The room was dated. The paint on the bathroom vanity was peeling. The bedding was AWFUL. I am not a picky person in general but this was the worst bed I ever slept on. It creaked like crazy every time we moved, which was disturbing to everyone. The bedding was very rough and caught on everything.

I am a loyal Choice Hotel customer but I find that this Comfort Suites does not live up to the standards I have seen at other properties (Burlington, VT, Lake George, NY, Orlando FL, etc.)

It's a great weekend getaway destination for families with little kids, but the rooms are too small for families and they need updating.

Room Tip: I had a King Suite and it was very cramped for 2 adults and a toddler. I was told this was one of the largest rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family